Locked in my iPhone on Gazelle

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hinezy, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I locked in my iPhone 4S 32 gb on Gazelle for $300. I know I could get $400 for it via ebay or craigslist but I paid $300 for it and I will only need $300 for my "New iPhone" so I look at it as a great convenience and not being greedy. I was wondering if anyone else has used Gazelle and if so how fast is the turn around? I want to be without an iPhone for as little as I need to be and I'm trying to figure out what would be the best time to send it in.

2. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

I don't have very good input, but I am in a talkative mood today. By Locked In, do you mean you do or don't have a deadline when you need to send it in?
    We all know there WON'T be a new phone for atleast 22 Days. Do you have a backup phone? I have AT&T so I have like 4 backup phones.
    Sometimes you just have to bite when opportunity knocks. A few years ago I sold my iPhone 3GS before the iPhone 4 was even announced. But I was so confident in the release date due to internet rumors. Talk about looking forward to the Keynote! I had a buyer that was willing to pay $450 for it. I took it. And used some old Sony for nearly 45 Days until FedEx came a'knockin.
    Be sure you send it in with enough time to get money to buy a new one instore, or pre-order. Pre-Orders can begin as soon as September 13th if the site does not crash. I say get the money by Monday, September 10th. (I don't know the processing time on Gazelle)
    Good Luck, and I can't wait to be talking about our iPhone 5's.

3. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

By "locked in" I mean that I have 30 days to send in my iPhone and even though Gazelle's price offers will drop within the coming weeks, my rate will remain $300.

Sent from my 32Gb iPhone 4S using iCafe app

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

That's hilarious, man!

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

That sounds like a good deal. I'd bet you could do better on Craigslist, but that can be an adventure at times.

6. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

Yeah, I could definitely do better but the big problem with Craigslist locally is that I'm about an hour away from 3 different Craigslist places but none are any closer. I do use Craigslist every now and again but I'm very cautious, I once drove an hour and a half and was stood up!

7. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I was planning on doing gazzel as well I just heard today that you can lock in those prices till august 31st. Then you don't have to ship your phone till October 1st. So if this is true that's going to be my route

8. lukasp13

lukasp13 Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the info, just locked mine in. Offered me $180 for my 3 year old iPhone 4 and it is good until Oct. 1.

9. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

No problem! I think it's worth it for the convenience factor alone!

10. {StatuSChecKa}

Silver

I get a sense of self-entitlement when I make money from CraigsList though.
    I've sold things from a $50 TV stand to a $8,000 car. I live in a good CraigsList radius though, that is not flooded with spam and junk. I know thats not the case for everyone.

11. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I'm personally all about Bartering! I enjoy seeing all of the fun and crazy offers that people will throw out at you. I've traded my 1998 dodge stratus with 200,000+ miles on it for a pop up camper. I've also traded a PSP for a 12 gauge shot gun to a soccer mom going through a divorce! She's like "I bought it, so he's not getting it", apparently her son's PSP Broke!

12. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

This may sound stupid but I can't figure out how to change my signature here on EIC, it needs updating and I've searched everywhere. Any advice?

13. {StatuSChecKa}

Silver

test

Edit: I guess I don't either...

14. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Contributor
    Bronze

Just locked mine in for $287. If I can sell it for more than that to a family or friend before Oct 1st I'll cancel the offer.

Knowing I have just under $300 guaranteed though is a nice fall back plan.

Craig

15. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Hi guys !
    I too decided to "lock in" with Gazelle for $374.00 for my 64GB iPhone 4S. I used them once before and they seem to be legit. The "lock in" sealed the deal for me since I won't have to send my phone until getting and activating the 5. Seems like a great way to help pay for the 5 and not go through the trouble of eBay and Craigslist. Good luck everybody. Hope we all get what was offered. Mine has been in an Otterbox Defender its whole life and is in pristine condition. Cheers !

16. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Hinezy I just went to Gazelle and locked in $190 for my beloved iPhone 4 32G. I have been using this as an iTunes downloaded TV show/Movie player in my bedroom since I got the iPhone 4S. Well, I figured that it was virtually worthless by now until I saw this thread. Thank you Hinezy!

Thanks to you and this thread, I will have $190 to go toward the purchase of my new iPhone X(5) or (6) whatever it'll be called. I just have to box it up and ship it out! YAY! :ROFLMAO:

17. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

You're welcome, happy I could help out! Now if I could just figure out this signature issue! Ha, Ha!

18. lukasp13

lukasp13 Member
    Bronze

The Oct. 1 date is what sealed it for me to. I get the best of both worlds, a locked in offer but don't have give up my beloved iPhone until the new one is released. Very smart of Gazelle..