locked out and no code

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Thomas Watts, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Thomas Watts

Thomas Watts New Member

My son set a lock code on our iPad 2, then changed the code, then forgot the code and over used it. Now the iPad is disabled. Someone help, PLEASE!

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

That is a sticky situation. I will tell you that most won't help with this because, no offense, sounds like it could be a stolen iPad story.
    Take into Apple. They will verify it is yours and I believe they can reset your iPad.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm afraid to answer, because I knew a CMSGT Thomas Watts in the Air Force and he might kill me...:)

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Thomas, you just need to restore it on the computer it is synced with. You can restore from backup.

5. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

I thought this is only possible if the computer has had the device plugged in when the device was unlocked but after the code was changed? If the code was changed, and the screen was locked prior to plugging it into iTunes I think they may see the "device has passcode, unlock and try again" message?

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

If he knew the new passcode, he could enable it by entering the correct passcode in iTunes on the computer the phone is synced with. However, his son forgot the new passcode, so it will need to be restored. It can be restored on the computer it is synced with and the backup can be applied.