locked out and no code

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 12, 2011
My son set a lock code on our iPad 2, then changed the code, then forgot the code and over used it. Now the iPad is disabled. Someone help, PLEASE!

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
My son set a lock code on our iPad 2, then changed the code, then forgot the code and over used it. Now the iPad is disabled. Someone help, PLEASE!
That is a sticky situation. I will tell you that most won't help with this because, no offense, sounds like it could be a stolen iPad story.
Take into Apple. They will verify it is yours and I believe they can reset your iPad.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thomas, you just need to restore it on the computer it is synced with. You can restore from backup.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I thought this is only possible if the computer has had the device plugged in when the device was unlocked but after the code was changed? If the code was changed, and the screen was locked prior to plugging it into iTunes I think they may see the "device has passcode, unlock and try again" message?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I thought this is only possible if the computer has had the device plugged in when the device was unlocked but after the code was changed? If the code was changed, and the screen was locked prior to plugging it into iTunes I think they may see the "device has passcode, unlock and try again" message?
If he knew the new passcode, he could enable it by entering the correct passcode in iTunes on the computer the phone is synced with. However, his son forgot the new passcode, so it will need to be restored. It can be restored on the computer it is synced with and the backup can be applied.