Login - Timeout Setting

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I check on the site throughout the day, and while it isn't a huge pain, I do have to re-login usually when I return to the site after some time. I was wondering what the current timeout setting is for logging out due to inactivity? Can it be increased? I realize the reason it's in place is likely to address security concerns. Thanks,

Aug 31, 2010
Even when you click on "keep me logged in"?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I've noticed this a lot lately. It doesn't happen with the mobile template, but every other I'm constantly logging back in.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I am constantly being logged out on my iPad1 with Safari. I just switch to another App, and when I return I have to log back in. Very frustrating. Doesn't seem to happen with iPhone so I not sure if it is being caused by something I have installed or not. And, of course, once logged back in I keep getting the eiC App popup, which is also driving me nuts!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I have a notice out to Chris. I know he's busy as hell this week, so we'll just have to wait and see what's up.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
For those of you experiencing the problem, please try to switch your template to 'everythingiCafe' from 'everythingiCafe fancy'. To do this, click on 'everythingiCafe Fancy' at the bottom left of the footer and change to 'everythingiCafe'.

I am researching the issue and hope to have a resolution soon.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
For those of you experiencing the problem, please try to switch your template to 'everythingiCafe' from 'everythingiCafe fancy'. To do this, click on 'everythingiCafe Fancy' at the bottom left of the footer and change to 'everythingiCafe'.

Thanks Chris. Mine was actually set to iPhone optimized. I switched to everythingiCafe as suggested and hope that works. Will let you know.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey

Thanks also from me. I was set to iStyle. Will let you know if the fix switches. Appreciate the quick response.