Logitech stuff over 60% off today on Amazon

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
The Performance MX is awesome. Been using it for years and a steal at $44.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I recently bought the wireless K800 keyboard. It's great and the internal rechargeable battery lasts forever.on a single charge.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The PC Logitech K810 Bluetooth keyboard is down to $50 today, but the Mac version, the K811, didn't get a price cut and is listed at $80 right now. I think it was $99 when I got it a year ago. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an illuminated keyboard for their iMac or Mac Pro. I waited for a good illuminated keyboard (with fully-functional Mac F keys) for nearly two years. I'm surprised Apple still hasn't made one. I'm very picky with the quality, illumination and feel of the keys and wasn't happy with any of them until I found this. I've only had to charge the battery once since I got it.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i got the 810, and it's great. seems like the exact same features as the 811, but is black aluminum instead of regular and has the windows key instead of command. No biggie. Not worth the $30 bump up to the 811 to me.

What I think is super cool about these keyboards is that the backlight seems to have proximity detection. As soon as it detects something less than 2 inches or so above the keyboard, it turns on the backlight automatically. It would be cool if macbooks did this while on battery power.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I got the 810, and it's great. seems like the exact same features as the 811, but is black aluminum instead of regular and has the windows key instead of command. No biggie. Not worth the $30 bump up to the 811 to me.

What I think is super cool about these keyboards is that the backlight seems to have proximity detection. As soon as it detects something less than 2 inches or so above the keyboard, it turns on the backlight automatically. It would be cool if macbooks did this while on battery power.
Do all of the F keys and keystrokes work for you (Mission Control, sleep, brightness, volume, open recently tabs, screenshots, etc.)? I know you can program Windows keyboards to work with these keystrokes, but I wasn't able to get all of them to work on my old Windows keyboard. Keystrokes were a high priority to me so I made sure I went with a Mac keyboard.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
ah forgot about those. I don't use them on my Mac Pro since I have the ones I use already mapped to my mouse. That would be a good reason to get the Mac version if you use them.