LOL @ My Friend

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
He just bought a Motorola V1200 and keeps bragging how it's "superior" to the iPhone in every way. Doesn't even have EDGE!

If he only knew...
Yeah, haha it can be irritating.

There's a girl in my cultural anthropology class today he took out her new Voyager and was showing it off to me, and claimed it beats the iPhone. I would never flaunt the fact the iPhone beats any other phone, but for some reason other phone users do.

All these touch screen phones coming out that claim to compete with the iPhone simply haven't progressed out of the last generation.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The same happened to me last week.

The guy that sits beside me in Chemistry has a Voyager and was going on and on about how it's far superior to the iPhone in every way. I let him talk, it didn't bother me.

The thing is, he's never actually seen an iPhone. I took it out and put it in his hands. You should have seen the look on his face. :cool:

- John

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
He just bought a Motorola V1200 and keeps bragging how it's "superior" to the iPhone in every way. Doesn't even have EDGE!

If he only knew...
i just know that anything motorola= pure crap :p

and i don't know anyone who has anything close to anything as good as the iPhone but i do have friends who are always bagging on it. i laugh when they ask me to look up something on the internet because their phones can't XD

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It seems as if they're trying to justify their inferior purchase of another phone. By trying to delcare their phone superior shows how much they really wish they had gone with the iPhone. My friends that doubted the iPhone completely changed their opinions of it once I showed mine to them. Now 3 of my friends have one and a few others are waiting for their contracts to expire to get their own.

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
I had that same thing happen to me 2 days ago. I went to a certification testing center and was talking to the chick that was setting up my test and she was like blah blah blah and I was like blah blah blah, then she said do you have any electronic devices with you, because you will need to leave them here. So I pull my iPhone out of my pocket and she is like "Ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that is one of the "real" iPhones" and then I said "yheap it is real" Then I found out very quickly what she meant by the real comment. One of her proctor co-workers (big ole fat nerdy dude) comes up behind me and whips out his iPhone killin Voyager and he says "But mine has a keyboard" right out of the blue. Then I told him to show me some of the stuff that his Voyager could do and he never even opened it or turned it on. The chick behind the counter looked at me and I commenced to showing her all the sweet functions of the iPhone. So she took it and said she would keep it right there beside her while I took my test. Moral of the story, chicks dig the iPhone.

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
haven't had anyone ask about my phone just yet or show off there phone infront of me. guess maybe because i just got it and its old news :(

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I graduated High School in 88. My 20 year reunion is this year. This thread makes me feel a little older... but not much. Mostly just a little wiser. :p