LOL O left AT&T today and went to T-Mobile for G1Android

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Was a very first iPhone V1 buyer and 'bout first V2 buyer here in Chicago .
So I trialed the decidedly lest functional Android for 14 days.
A pain in practical day to day usage for sure.....BUT.....NEVER a dropped call;....NEVER an Internet crash; and the G1 downloads pages 20% faster than my iPhone...repeatedly! (This is also true, btw, when a T-Mobile sim has been put in an unlocked iPhone ).
Surfing is really way better.....u can type any characters onto anywhere on any web page and either google it or follow an URL to a site.
I'll still keep my iPhone...have it unlocked on tmobile by a turbo sim card (this can access tmobiles 3G)...but need the g1 to really race on it.
Man, Apple, C'MON......straighten things out!

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Btw , my G1 ok 3G kicks my iPhone's a** on wifi

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
The dropped calls are AT&T's fault. I am using a throwaway phone on AT&T, in fact have gone through three with the same problem.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
not sure about that
iPhone's unlocked have used tmobiles sim and have had the same problems vs the G1

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I agree with OJ, go complain on a G1 forum. I wouldn't take the G1 if you gave me the damn thing for free

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
I agree with OJ, go complain on a G1 forum. I wouldn't take the G1 if you gave me the damn thing for free
Fools:, not suggesting you do.
It's no iPhone, no doubt.
But, unfortunately, it illustrates loud and clear how deficient my iPhone is with regards to signal strength....and browser speed..period.
Eg::I come up in my elevator and the iPhone has 'no service' then only edge...ONLY if I 'airplane switched it back'....the g1 switched straight back to 3G immediately...blah blah blah ...been spending $115mo for this crap?!...you gotta be kidding. T-Mobile: $79mo WITH my iPhone on wifi: free service whenever I want to play...(without talk of course).

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Off topic: By the looks of your avatar, you're getting bigger, PDS. Good work!

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Off topic: By the looks of your avatar, you're getting bigger, PDS. Good work!
Why Thank You Buffy!:laugh2:
-I finally have a chest, and can even "pec bounce":p

But the only thing wrong with that picture is that it was taken last week before my phone was stolen haha it sucks man:(

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Yes, I read about your stolen phone - my heart goes out to you. :oops: If you decide to go ahead and buy another one now, let's hope you still get your old phone back and can sell it to recoup some of what you lost. I can't stand liars or thieves, and they tend to go hand in hand. You've kept a good attitude. What goes around comes around...

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yes, I read about your stolen phone - my heart goes out to you. :oops: If you decide to go ahead and buy another one now, let's hope you still get your old phone back and can sell it to recoup some of what you lost. I can't stand liars or thieves, and they tend to go hand in hand. You've kept a good attitude. What goes around comes around...
Thanks Buffy:laugh2:

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Hey Rocky congrats on your new G1. I'm not gonna hate on u for posting info on the G1. As long as your fact are straight so that people can see what the iPhone is comparing to then I'm all for it. Does it have mms and video recording?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i'll wait 20% longer for Safari. In fact, i'm still using EDGE, so it's not a problem at all. As for the dropped calls... i've never had a problem.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
It doesn't have that curb appeal like the iPhone but it's like a female to me. It's not what it looks like outside but rather in the inside. OPEN SYSTEM!

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
It doesn't have that curb appeal like the iPhone but it's like a female to me. It's not what it looks like outside but rather in the inside. OPEN SYSTEM!
Haha I like that:cool:
-Im a big fan of "open-system" to where we can customize and tweak everything to tiniest like lol! The first thing I would do is overclock it then put a few themes and dev apps on it;)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Troller baits the EIC

OJ bites

PDS does marketing

Buffy is sweet as ever

Hippo calls it like it is.

All is right with the world. Great thread, carry on...