Long Lines? What to Expect on Release Day?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dwdawson1

May 5, 2007
Of course I want to get the iPhone on the day it is released, but I was wondering how it would all work. Is there going to be massive lines at the cingular stores? Are the stores going to get many phones? or just 4 or 5? I don't want to have to camp out the night before... that's a little too nerdy lol. :p

dwdawson1

May 5, 2007
Well thanks. I think I'll just try and show up a few hours early or something; surly that would be good enough. ehhhh :laugh2: I want my iPhone!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I just might camp out for this one! I sure hope Apple can produce a decent supply! :laugh2:
Nightime in June in New York should bottom at 50-60 degrees - I can handle that. I just have to figure out what I'll need:
  • Foldable, light, comfortable beach chair
  • Warm blanket
  • Very large mug filled with Starbucks
  • Treo/Q & spare batteries (allow me to watch Slingbox from the line)
  • Gum (don't want to offend Apple employees while they setup my iPhone)
I'm sure the list will grow. I just hope people don't start camping days before. A 1-day stay at Camp Apple is all I can handle.

-Chris

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Nightime in June in New York should bottom at 50-60 degrees - I can handle that. I just have to figure out what I'll need:
  • Foldable, light, comfortable beach chair
  • Warm blanket
  • Very large mug filled with Starbucks
  • Treo/Q & spare batteries (allow me to watch Slingbox from the line)
  • Gum (don't want to offend Apple employees while they setup my iPhone)
I'm sure the list will grow. I just hope people don't start camping days before. A 1-day stay at Camp Apple is all I can handle.

-Chris
We have three Cingular stores in my hometown. Two free standing stores and a kiosk in the mall. I'm thinking the kiosk might be the best bet. I'm sure the two free standing stores will have lines outside early.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
We have three Cingular stores in my hometown. Two free standing stores and a kiosk in the mall. I'm thinking the kiosk might be the best bet. I'm sure the two free standing stores will have lines outside early.
Yeah, came here, I got a lot of Cingular stores around me as well. Ill go check out the line at the Apple Store probably around 1-2 am that morning at the mall and if its too long ill go to one of the Cingular stores. Im sure they will get at least 3 each store.:eek:

It should be a little bit warmer than the PS3 launch at least.:laugh2:

But worst case scenario, I don't get one on launch day, and I have to order one off of the online Cingular or Apple store. I think if the thing gets anymore hyped and they start talking about it on the news and in the newspapers around the time of the launch, their will be pretty long lines.

Dre180

Bronze
Apr 16, 2007
New York (Soon to be Chicago)
Yeah, came here, I got a lot of Cingular stores around me as well. Ill go check out the line at the Apple Store probably around 1-2 am that morning at the mall and if its too long ill go to one of the Cingular stores. Im sure they will get at least 3 each store.:eek:

It should be a little bit warmer than the PS3 launch at least.:laugh2:

But worst case scenario, I don't get one on launch day, and I have to order one off of the online Cingular or Apple store. I think if the thing gets anymore hyped and they start talking about it on the news and in the newspapers around the time of the launch, their will be pretty long lines.

i waited for the ps3. i actually got 2 of them. (one pre-ordered). that being said, that wait was unbereable, and even though i made a decent amount of change, i vowed to never, ever do that again. i'd rather just wait a couple of weeks. i also, put my name on a list at the cingular store, and even though quite a few people were ahead of me, i seriously doubt they're all going to pick one up, because of money, age whatever....

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
i waited for the ps3. i actually got 2 of them. (one pre-ordered). that being said, that wait was unbereable, and even though i made a decent amount of change, i vowed to never, ever do that again. i'd rather just wait a couple of weeks. i also, put my name on a list at the cingular store, and even though quite a few people were ahead of me, i seriously doubt they're all going to pick one up, because of money, age whatever....
Yeah, I waited two nights for my PS3. And I aswell said I was never gonna do that again. I can do about 7-8 hours. But not 36 again.

May 6, 2007
United States
Hoping...

I'm just hoping that Apple will do a good job and make enough.

It is ridiculous that someone was shot over a PS3.

Hopefully there will be 10 at each store, I don't want to sleep overnight there, just makes me feel too nerdy :D

We have an Apple and a Cingular store in the area, so I will probably check both and, if it comes to it, get it off one of the websites.

Can't wait :)

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
I asked Cingular, and they said they'd put my name on the "To-call list" when they get in. I was about #7 I think? I don't know if that guarantees you getting one, but I'll go in and check if I need to wait in line, just to be sure.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I think I will order online. I cannot stand long lines and waiting like that. I would rather wait a day and have it arrive at my door!
If there is enough of a supply and you could pre-order that would be the trick! I remember pre-ordering Panther and having it arrive at my house the day it was in the stores. That was cool. :cool:

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
If this article is to be believed, there is good news for those of us worried about getting an iPhone as soon as it is released. Here is the relevant info:

When speaking about the impending iPhone launch, management seemed "confident the product will ship on time with volumes to meet customer demand," said Reitzes.