Long phonecall, backlight problem.

AdamK

Mar 20, 2009
Well sometimes at night, i have long phone calls, say for around 3-4 hours. When i want to end the phone call i obviously move the phone away from my ear and press the "End Call" button.

Problem is, that the backlight doesn't come on. I don't know why this is, its happened a few times and ive had to press the unlock and home button together for it to restart itself or whatever, but having to do it everytime is really annoying!

Anyone got any suggestions? Tweaking settings or anything?

EDIT - i found the solution. I was using a cover for my iPhone and that was interfering!

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Well sometimes at night, i have long phone calls, say for around 3-4 hours. When i want to end the phone call i obviously move the phone away from my ear and press the "End Call" button.

Problem is, that the backlight doesn't come on. I don't know why this is, its happened a few times and ive had to press the unlock and home button together for it to restart itself or whatever, but having to do it everytime is really annoying!

Anyone got any suggestions? Tweaking settings or anything?

EDIT - i found the solution. I was using a cover for my iPhone and that was interfering!
Three or four hours, wow!

originalg00kster

Bronze
Mar 19, 2009
Wait this happens to me as well. Even sometimes if the phone call is only 5 minutes the back light doesn't come on. What kind of cover are you talking about? I have a iskin case right now. Could that be the problem?

panzeriti

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
I remember when I was in high school... females would never wanna get off the phone! Now I just don't answer.