Long wait time for activation

danieldamaniel

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I have been waiting about an hour now for my activation. After about 3 minutes it said my activation will require additional time and that I will be emailed when I am activated. I am NOT a new cingular customer. I want my iPHONE! :mad:

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
I have been waiting about an hour now for my activation. After about 3 minutes it said my activation will require additional time and that I will be emailed when I am activated. I am NOT a new cingular customer. I want my iPHONE! :mad:
You are not alone. One hour and a half here. On the phone with Apple technical support. Att claims I am activated, but says to just have patience since a lot of people are in the same boat.

Keep this thread updated.

I am existing customer and got the same exact message.

RHJS

Jun 18, 2007
SoCal
I guess depends on if your location has a lot of incoming activation requests. Me being in LA area I know this will take long as hell. I'll wait it out to an hour and if it's not yet activated then I'll go back to sleep.

danieldamaniel

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I guess depends on if your location has a lot of incoming activation requests. Me being in LA area I know this will take long as hell. I'll wait it out to an hour and if it's not yet activated then I'll go back to sleep.
Im in Los Angeles, yes

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
4hr 10min & still waiting

Ok just got off the phone with Apple Technical Support. (1 hr wait time)

No new news. ALOT of people are waiting on activations. Some 5-7 hours.

The email has NO critical information and is only for information purposes.

Keep this thread updated.

pharoh

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
This is pathetic. It's supposed to take 3 minutes :(
AT&T is ranked 19 out of 20 on inefficiency.....that is the only con that CNN reported about the iPhone......I used AT&T since 1990 and 3 years ago they pissed me off so bad that I will leave them as soon as another carrier comes out with iPhone.....At&t has obviously embarrassed the hell out of Apple with this poor performance as a businesss partner......

mango

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
txtshirt.com
Wow 4 hours? Are you serious? Forget this I'm going back to sleep.
I'm in L.A too.
Waited 3.5 hrs at the Sherman Oaks Mall.
They ran out of 8s..so I got one 4gig.
Been waiting for 3 plus hours for activation.

I'll watch Letterman and then check my mail.
Might as well order one of my shirts while I wait.

--Mango--

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
I hate to say it but my number port and complete activation took all of 20 minutes...

Im happy but guilty at the same time :(

PARADA6

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Hey when iTunes tells you "Your activation requires additional time to complete". Is that a credit approval related issue or just technical issue from ATT?

Cheers!:cool:

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Hey when iTunes tells you "Your activation requires additional time to complete". Is that a credit approval related issue or just technical issue from ATT?

Cheers!:cool:
Hi there. Good question. The good news is, it has nothing to do with a credit unless you are a brand new customer. I believe if there is a credit issue, iTunes will specifically state that to you. IE, if you fail the credit check, then iTunes will prompt for a pre-paid plan etc.

I am going on 4 plus hours and no activation. Las Vegas, Nevada.

That is the exact message I got when I completed my activation. Called both ATT iPhone support and Apple Technical support and was told the same thing. ATT DID verify that my account showed activated and everything going through ok. Activations taking a long long time for a lot of people.

Good luck, keep us updated.