Longer iPhone charger cable

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
Do they make a longer iPhone charger cable? The one that comes with the iPhone is too small for my needs. Can I extend it somehow?

Last edited by a moderator:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Are you talking about the USB cable that connects from the phone into the computer? I'm sure they do because I have about 5 and only 3 of them are the same length and 2 of them are definitely longer. I would check the Apple site of course but I can't recall ever noticing anything about different lengths.

john7760

Dec 14, 2007
buy a cheap usb extension cable and any usb cable gets longer. They work great any device that just ain't quite long enough

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
For the ones that are saying they bought some from Walmart or Best Buy that are longer, are these I'm assuming off market cables?

I wish Apple made longer ones, but my eBay guy will be sending me one when he gets them in. 3 feet just sucks.

shark5150

Oct 4, 2014
Philly
Really......? Happens all the time. If the cable is not Apple certified, the software picks it up 100% of the time. It's their safety protocol in response to all the overheating and injury cases. You must be lucky I guess b

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Really......? Happens all the time. If the cable is not Apple certified, the software picks it up 100% of the time. It's their safety protocol in response to all the overheating and injury cases. You must be lucky I guess b
I guess so. My provider that I test cables for lives in Cali but gets them from afar of course. :p

darkpoet25

Bronze
Dec 20, 2008
Indianapolis
For the ones that are saying they bought some from Walmart or Best Buy that are longer, are these I'm assuming off market cables?

I wish Apple made longer ones, but my eBay guy will be sending me one when he gets them in. 3 feet just sucks.
I wouldn't recommend going with the ONN brand that Wal Mart carries. They are really cheaply made, don't know about the Insignia brand that Best Buy carries. Apple do make a 6.6' Lightning Cable for $29.99, Best Buy has them. Belkin and Griffin Technology usually make pretty good cables, and don't get too expensive.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I bought a 10' MFi monoprice Certified lightning cable several months ago. It's been great. After updating to iOS 8, I got the "May not work with this device" pop up. Only got it once. Not sure why.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I wouldn't recommend going with the ONN brand that Wal Mart carries. They are really cheaply made, don't know about the Insignia brand that Best Buy carries. Apple do make a 6.6' Lightning Cable for $29.99, Best Buy has them. Belkin and Griffin Technology usually make pretty good cables, and don't get too expensive.
As far as I am aware, Apple only makes the 3" cables. Nonetheless, my provider on eBay, I test cables for him...and the original size ones, although not Apple made, work fantastically. A few broke faster, but that may have been because of the Otterbox case. I had to actually wiggle the cable out, causing it to show wear and tear.