Longer SMS Vibrate

iKid

Mar 23, 2008
You need to go into /System/Library/Frameworks/Celestial.framework and download SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist to do this "hack".Use this site or whatever you use to change the binary into plain text and save it wherever. Open it up and view the section of the .plist that says:

<key>Default</key>

<dict>

<key>Intensity</key>

<real>1</real>

<key>OffDuration</key>

<real>0.10000000000000001</real>

<key>OnDuration</key>

<real>0.40000000000000002</real>

<key>TotalDuration</key>

<real>1</real>

</dict>

Then you need to change the part that says:

<real>0.40000000000000002</real>

into

<real>4.40000000000000002</real>

This gives the SMS vibrate a 5-6 second vibrate which I think is awesome, but who cares what I think?

Also - a REBOOT is necessary for changes to take effect.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Is there an easeri way to do this? Post it in install perhaps. Thanks

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
depthnerd is banned and will not be able to answer your questions.

depthnerd = iKid.

H

Hayesimus

actually. this has something to do with a thread i started about an app out that causes your phone to vibrate every 15 seconds if you have an unread message.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
actually. this has something to do with a thread i started about an app out that causes your phone to vibrate every 15 seconds if you have an unread message.
So what did you find out? I just want it to vibrate longer and not every 15 seconds.

H

Hayesimus

well, i don't know how to do that. there was a fellow named meiPhonesbrill that was gonna work on it for me. Alas, he's been missing in action the past couple months.

H

Hayesimus

apparently so! I think i'm one of the only veterans still here. and i'm not very helpful in the technical arena! :S

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I don't know if I could be considered a veteran...

but
John, psylichon, Ramesh, iPhoneTony, kokogirl, Buffy, and Luckykelleyk are still here.

H

Hayesimus

no. he's not a vet. by vet i mean someone that's been here for a while. and also been big on the boards so to speak. TMOTD had definitely been big on the board but its only been since the beginning of the year. But since he has been big on the boards, he's definitely been making up for lost time.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
no. he's not a vet. by vet i mean someone that's been here for a while. and also been big on the boards so to speak. TMOTD had definitely been big on the board but its only been since the beginning of the year. But since he has been big on the boards, he's definitely been making up for lost time.
I know what you mean, but just by virtue of how many people his helped around here we can consider him a vet.:laugh2: You can consider me a vet to but till now all I do is still ask questions:) I remember when I first signed up for everything iPhone the interface was not as nice as it is now. It really has come a long way since its first launch.

H

Hayesimus

he's an honorary vet, that's for sure. and yeah this forum has definitely grown a lot. but there are still some things i would like to see. :p

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
I don't know if I could be considered a veteran...

but
John, psylichon, Ramesh, iPhoneTony, kokogirl, Buffy, and Luckykelleyk are still here.
It's Cool cause your a veteran to me. Your one of the most helpful people here and that x999x dude knows his ish.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
To me, a veteran is someone who sticks around once the "newness" of modding and such wears off. We see a lot of people come and go, the ones that stay are "vets."

@Elbacanazo920

Thanks for the compliment bro

---

So does this mod still work?

I just noticed this:

<key>TotalDuration</key>

<real>1</real>

If you change it to 2, its quite possible it will buzz twice instead of once, which to me is even more effective than a longer buzzing. I'm gonna mess around and see what happens, but I need to text myself to test it out, gotta figure that one out first.

H

Hayesimus

You can text yourself. Just type in your number and a message. Hits send and then bam! Almost instantly. Is that what you were talking about? Let me know if you have success! I'd really like some different options here.