Looking For A Better Router

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
My Belkin is acting up, so I was wondering if the Apple Airport is good, or maybe there's another wireless router that's reliable and fast. Suggestions?
Thanks in advance...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
My Belkin is acting up, so I was wondering if the Apple Airport is good, or maybe there's another wireless router that's reliable and fast. Suggestions?
Thanks in advance...

I've always recommended LinkSys. Airport is great, but at a price. I have Verizon, so I'm stuck using their ActionTec router. If I had to buy a router, I'd probably go with Airport -- for the sake of complete compatibility even it's not necessarily true (since LinkSys is very compatible).

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Two very solid and ell-priced brands that have always done me (and a number of small biz IT customers I've supported) right over the years are: Linksys (as mentioned above by some guy :) and Netgear ....

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
When I bought my MBP, I also got the Airport. Yes it is a bit pricy but it integrates so well with the computer and iPhone. When I plugged it in the phone had wifi instantly. No configuration at all. For awhile I had a PC upstairs and it also recognized it with no problem and we all know how they can be a pain sometimes to pair with a router.