Looking for a case that...

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by jenjen80, Mar 18, 2012.

1. jenjen80

jenjen80 New Member

• snaps in (nothing that has anything that wraps around the "frame" please)
    • does not have a magnet that is too strong so that it shuts the iPad off when I'm holding it like a paperback book
    • and this is the one that's hard to describe: again, when holding it like a paperback, I don't want the front flap to "slip." Like maybe something with velcro, a flap, or just something so it fastens to the back and stays in place?
    • preferably $30 or under, but I don't want to sacrifice quality for price, so that's not as important as the first three.
    Right now I'm using the Griffin IntelliCase and I love the looks of it but the only criteria it meets for me is the first one. I've spent several hours on Amazon looking for something and I just can't make a decision.
    TIA! :)

2. ChristinaArrech

Bronze

I use the Targus 360 rotating case. And it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. jenjen80

jenjen80 New Member

Thanks, I was looking at a Ctech one that's the same concept but it's much cheaper. I'm sure the quality isn't as good so maybe I'll try that to see if I like it, and then upgrade to the Targus version if I do.

I'm almost tempted to just not use a case - I already put it in a neoprene sleeve when not in use, but I'm sure the minute I go coverless is when I'll drop it on the cement garage floor! ;)

4. Thunk

Thunk New Member

5. jenjen80

jenjen80 New Member

I do like the looks of that but I ended up ordering a Toblino today. I was going to go with a Marware CEO Hybrid but someone said in a review he had both and prefers the Toblino, so I looked at that and just liked the looks a tad better. It's rated equally as high as the Marware.

6. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

That last one looks neat, but I've pretty much decided on only cheap stuff OR an otterbox lol.

7. BoLoThaBeAR

BoLoThaBeAR Member
    Bronze

MarwarexCEO Hybrid ;) thats the way to go! Luv it.

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

2 different beasts there... Cheap OR an otterbox. Seeing most otter boxes for iPad are far from cheap! Haaaaa

9. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Lol ya I figured if I'm going to spend a lot of money on a case, it's going to be a case that will protect this tablet.

10. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

I just bought this case. It's very versatile and affordable. It's by Rocketfish and it's called MY WAY. It's like many of the other cases that prop up the iPad but with a couple of extras:

• Built-in hand strap to easily hold your iPad with one hand (see first photo)
    • Includes two colored straps (see second and third photos)
    • Storage slot for a stylus or pen (see fourth photo)

Detail information here:
    http://bit.ly/GAavn7
    (although the web site says USD$39.99, the stores have them for USD$29.99)

ImageUploadedByiCafe1332223829.141154.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe1332223852.689607.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe1332223871.067920.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe1332223896.029470.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe1332223916.916415.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe1332223936.784135.jpg

Sent from my iPad 3

11. iphoneint

iphoneint Member
    Bronze

Does the stylus rub against the iPad when the case is closed, due to where it sits? In the picture you have above it would seem like the metal clip would scratch against it on that edge.

12. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

The clip on the side of the stylus tucks between the case and the beveled/curved edge of the iPad. It does make contact with the iPad, but I don't see any blemishes.