Looking for a good headset

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DeadSpider

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Vacherie,Louisiana
I have been searching all over for a blue tooth headset that
is made for the iPhone that functions just like the stock ear buds
that came with the iPhone. Like... I can listen to my music in
good stereo sound but also make calls in stereo. Also with
a good built in mic with noise canceling features and such.

Is there anything out like this yet? I bought the Motorola S9's
but I learned quick that they were not what I was seeking. So
I brought them back.

I stress the term "made for the iPhone" because I really do not
want a product that was not designed for the phone.

Thanks in advance :)

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
well, with the iPhone out in the hands of the public now for just over 2 weeks, there aren't a lot of "made for iPhone" headsets out there (um, did you expect otherwise?).

also, the iPhone *cannot* output stereo sound via bluetooth. this requires the A2DP bluetooth profile, which the iPhone does not have. if you want stereo sound through bluetooth, you're going to have to wait for a software update to the iPhone...

but sit tight - hopefully this is something Apple will implement in future updates!

DeadSpider

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Vacherie,Louisiana
well, with the iPhone out in the hands of the public now for just over 2 weeks, there aren't a lot of "made for iPhone" headsets out there (um, did you expect otherwise?).
Honestly, I was, but it looks like I will have to wait.

also, the iPhone *cannot* output stereo sound via bluetooth. this requires the A2DP bluetooth profile, which the iPhone does not have. if you want stereo sound through bluetooth, you're going to have to wait for a software update to the iPhone...
So basically, at current there is no way go get the same features as the stock buds on a bluetooth set? Thanks, I am lost when it comes to the tech side of things at times.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Honestly, I was, but it looks like I will have to wait.

So basically, at current there is no way go get the same features as the stock buds on a bluetooth set? Thanks, I am lost when it comes to the tech side of things at times.
patience, grasshopper! :laugh2: but i shouldn't say anything since i generally have no patience whatsoever. i expect the iPhone accessory market to become as saturated as the ipod accessory market. all in due time.

nope, no stereo bluetooth yet. the only bluetooth capability is with the phone application, though i have read posts on another forum where people have heard music through their bluetooth headsets if they try to use the iPhone while on a live phone call. not sure why that's happening, but it doesn't sound right at all.

i'm in the same boat, along with many here i'm guessing, for software updates to add other features. mms messaging and video capture with the camera are at the top of my list. voice dialing would be nice too...