Looking for a media app with a particular feature

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by jadmorffier, Apr 28, 2013.

1. jadmorffier

jadmorffier Member
    Bronze

I like to watch movies at weird hours of the night. Not to wake the house up but still listen with good sound and volume, I usually plug in my old wireless headphones to my TV. But then I thought, is there an app out there that lets me stream a movie from my iPhone or iPad that streams only the video to my TV and keeps the sound on the iOS unit? Then I can simply plug my cans into my iPhone or iPad and listen loud while watching TV.

Has an app developer already thought of this?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm not sure if there is an app that will do that, but you can do it if you use your iPad and your iPhone at the same time. I just tested it by streaming a movie to my TV with the AirVideo app via my iPhone and muting the TV. Then I started the same video on my iPad, synced up the audio/video and used it just for audio.

3. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

This method would require an Apple TV, wouldn't it? jadmorffier do you have an ATV?

4. jadmorffier

jadmorffier Member
    Bronze

That's a great idea thanks I'll try it. Yes I do have an Apple TV. That's what I'm streaming to from my iPad or iPhone via wifi. Is this the app you are referring to...

http://appshopper.com/link/air-video

Sent using iCafe app

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You're welcome. It's one of my favorite apps. I use it all the time. The live conversion saves time since I don't have to convert in HandBrake anymore.

Your link wouldn't load for me, so I'll just post a screenshot of the correct one:

image.jpg

6. jadmorffier

jadmorffier Member
    Bronze

Yep that's the one. I already have it. A great app. I use StreamToMe as well. Similar app but it can access your iTunes library and folder structure as well. I'll give them both a try. Thanks again.

I might contact the developers and share my request. I wonder if it can be done at all actually, iOS having the limitations it has.

Sent using iCafe app

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm thinking it's an iOS limitation, but contacting the developers is a great idea just in case it's possible for them to implement it.