Looking for a music app

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 11, 2014
Hello world.

As the title says, I'm looking for a music app that caters to my uses.
I've been using the included Music app ever since my iPod Touch, but listening to the same songs gets repetitive sometimes and I don't really have the time to expand my music library manually these days. I recently got myself an iPhone so I'm curious about my new streaming options.

My requirements would be:
1. Free
2. Without audio ads (visual ads are okay as long as they're not too intrusive)
3. Easy to use

Ideally the app I'm looking for has some premade playlists to let me discover new music as well as a search function to listen to the music I want. I enjoy using Spotify for their playlists but their mobile app doesn't allow on-demand searching.

Any ideas?

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Hello world.

As the title says, I'm looking for a music app that caters to my uses.
I've been using the included Music app ever since my iPod Touch, but listening to the same songs gets repetitive sometimes and I don't really have the time to expand my music library manually these days. I recently got myself an iPhone so I'm curious about my new streaming options.

My requirements would be:
1. Free
2. Without audio ads (visual ads are okay as long as they're not too intrusive)
3. Easy to use

Ideally the app I'm looking for has some premade playlists to let me discover new music as well as a search function to listen to the music I want. I enjoy using Spotify for their playlists but their mobile app doesn't allow on-demand searching.

Any ideas?
I use SoundCloud which is great for discovering new. You can search for a song or artist or listen to a certain genre. You can also use the "like" button to save your favorite songs. It doesn't require an account so you can listen anonymously.

Last edited:

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I just downloaded Songza. It has a wide variety of music in a variety of categories. It even detects the time of day where you are at and let's you select music accordingly, such as softer, ambient music for sleeping.
The free version does have ads, but he audio ads are not often.

Last edited: