Looking for a music app

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by pentuprage777, Aug 22, 2014.

1. pentuprage777

pentuprage777 New Member

Hello world.

As the title says, I'm looking for a music app that caters to my uses.
    I've been using the included Music app ever since my iPod Touch, but listening to the same songs gets repetitive sometimes and I don't really have the time to expand my music library manually these days. I recently got myself an iPhone so I'm curious about my new streaming options.

My requirements would be:
    1. Free
    2. Without audio ads (visual ads are okay as long as they're not too intrusive)
    3. Easy to use

Ideally the app I'm looking for has some premade playlists to let me discover new music as well as a search function to listen to the music I want. I enjoy using Spotify for their playlists but their mobile app doesn't allow on-demand searching.

Any ideas?

2. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I use SoundCloud which is great for discovering new. You can search for a song or artist or listen to a certain genre. You can also use the "like" button to save your favorite songs. It doesn't require an account so you can listen anonymously.

#2 silvermoon, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  3. alicepattinson

Bronze

I love Spotify than Soundcloud :)

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

For steaming I like Spotify. I stick with free. I don't do the $10 a month deal. Soundcloud is also good.

5. surfer

surfer Member
    Bronze

Well, I pay for iTunes Match, so I love the radio feature. Spotify is good. I also liked fm. Beats has a free trial, I'm not aware of the fees. After the trial, if you've not paid, you still get limited service.

6. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I just downloaded Songza. It has a wide variety of music in a variety of categories. It even detects the time of day where you are at and let's you select music accordingly, such as softer, ambient music for sleeping.
    The free version does have ads, but he audio ads are not often.

#6 JWiPhone, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014