Looking for a new case for my 3G S

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I want it to look modern, sleek, and possibly have a holster. That would be a plus. What are the top reviewed cases? Any review sites? Thanks!

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I want it to look modern, sleek, and possibly have a holster. That would be a plus. What are the top reviewed cases? Any review sites? Thanks!
Form factor is the same of the 3G. I recently got a Speck CandyShell and I absolutely LOVE it. The inside is rubber so it won't scratch the back of your iPhone, and the outside shell is hard. Pretty awesome protection and I think it looks sexy. See for yourself:http://www.speckproducts.com/products/candyshell/iphone-3g/162

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I'm considering buying a SwitchEasy capsule neo, or maybe the capsule rebel and their holster. Looks pretty good. I haven't made up my mind, I'm also considering a iSkin soloFX with the revoclip. I already have a seidio innocase II for my 3G, which I really like just looking for a change, so I'm not in a rush.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I'm considering buying a SwitchEasy capsule neo, or maybe the capsule rebel and their holster. Looks pretty good. I haven't made up my mind, I'm also considering a iSkin soloFX with the revoclip. I already have a seidio innocase II for my 3G, which I really like just looking for a change, so I'm not in a rush.
I would never go back to iSkin. I had the revo for my iPhone v1 and the rubber made it so hard to take out of pockets. And actually, my first case was a SwitchEasy and I found those two last night. Now the problem is deciding between the two.

And the Speck.....it looks amazing, but a certain Speck product messed up my MBP screen and Apple won't do anything about it.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I think I'm gonna go with the neo. I'm gonna get the vision clip to go with it. I think I'm gonna go with white. I already have a black case that I like and can use with it and I have the black phone...so this will let me switch back and forth.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Oh my god. I just saw the assembly video online. It's a ***** to put on/off.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
And not only that, the white discolors within weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Sorry for the double post, but I went for SE's new Rebel Serpent in white. It is beautiful and I bought it for $18.xx shipped on eBay using PayPal's coupon that ends tomorrow! If you are still getting the Neo, the seller I bought my Rebel from sells the Neo for $20($18 with the coupon). Good luck!

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Nope, after watching that video (and I watched a couple more, thanks for the link) I went with the white rebel. I didn't want the serpent (I really did) cause I figured the texture would help it collect and hold dirt. Not so bad in black, but white...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i just received my iSkin Solo today. Feels good so far. Don't have a phone to test it with, though.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Nope, after watching that video (and I watched a couple more, thanks for the link) I went with the white rebel. I didn't want the serpent (I really did) cause I figured the texture would help it collect and hold dirt. Not so bad in black, but white...
I understand how the white serpent can collect dirt, but I haven't seen any problems yet, so I'll report any defects when it arrives :)

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
i just received my iSkin Solo today. Feels good so far. Don't have a phone to test it with, though.
Once you get your phone...post some pics. I may pick one of those up in a month or two.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
the iskin looks a little mad to me, there too bright. They look like they could break easy. I may be wrong. I still stick by the element case. There good for all round protection.