Looking for a password keeper/manager

grkm

Aug 9, 2012
Hello all,

I recently switched from a BB to an iPhone 4 and am looking for an app that is similar to the password keeper in BB.

I don't need lots, but mainly just to be able to enter my info and ideally something that I can restore and backup in case I need it. I have PWs that contain letters and numbers, so I need an app that is not restricted to just one.

While looking around online, I saw the following:

mSecure
datavault
eWallet
SplashID
1Password

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks a lot!

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
imutter
Do you use 1Password? It seems like its great. I use For My Eyes Only and I've grown to hate it. I am so used to it I didn't want to get a new App, but because of the non iCloud sync I must move on. They offer a sync that I could never get to work so I'm out! I need to be able to change info on my iMac and it automatically updates my iPhone and iPad and vice versa for any change on any IOS device.

1Password Pro is for iPhone, iPad and iPod and your PC. I'm hoping it can use the iCloud for automatic updates.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I use LastPass and here is a great analysis of it by Steve Gibson, of Gibson Research Corporation fame. Skip to 52:45 for the LastPass section.

He's quite knowledgeable, and yet he knows there is much that he does not know. When it comes to something he's interested in, he constantly questions and analyzes everything until he has picked it clean and believes it to be solid. The fact that he waxes so poetic about LastPass is enough for me to put my confidence in it. And LastPass has been solid for me.

I got the yearly subscription to it so that I could use the app. $12 a year for peace of mind (well, as much peace of mind as good passwords can provide, anyway)

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
I use mSecure. I'm pretty happy with it. Mac/PC/iPhone/Android support so I can share the same set of passwords with my wife on all our devices.

Syncs easily with drop box.

And my favorite aspect: no one has the key that will open the 256bit encryption but me. It's in dropbox as a file, but dropbox doesn't know how to decrypt it. So if someone breaks into my dropbox account, they still can't see my passwords. No one knows how to decrypt it but me.

It is basic though. It doesn't do the cool form fill in stuff that some of the others do.

Ron K

Oct 22, 2009
I use 1 Password on my iPhone and Windows also
I used to use roboform on windows but I like 1 passoword better
Sync through dropbox.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
I have 1Password and love it. I got it free a few years back during a sale. I think it still at $9.99, but it's worth it.

daives

Nov 17, 2012
I have used the windows version of SplashID and found it really good. User friendly and the best password management tool i have ever used. All the passwords are categorized based on your use and it can also sync to your web passwords in the browser. awesome experience.