Looking for a podcatching app...

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by besweeet, Sep 10, 2011.

1. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

One thing that I've been wanting to do for a long time is to use my iDevices for downloading the podcasts (audio + video) that I would normally download daily in iTunes. Sure, I can download them from iTunes and then sync them over to my iDevice(s), but that's no fun.

So my question is this: What would be your guys' recommended iOS app (preferably universal) for subscribing to podcast feeds and downloading the audio & video episodes?

I've seen some in iTunes, but wasn't really impressed.

2. alamarco

alamarco Member
    Bronze

I'd be interested in something like this too. Right now I just started using iTunes to download the podcasts, but it's annoying to have to remember to sync every night. I do stream the podcasts, but it leaves no room for tethering at all.

If I find anything I'll post back, but I'll also look forward to seeing anyone else suggestions as well. :)

3. Chex

Chex Member

4. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Instacast is a very good one.

5. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

On second thought, I'll just stick to using iTunes to download and sync the podcasts that I subscribe to.

Downcast seems promising, though.

6. Chex

Chex Member

The one really useful feature is that you can dl casts over 20MB...although if your JB you can also use 3G Unrestrictor.

Sent by iPhone 5 using iCafe app...Voices of dissension are the root of change for unfair practices...