Looking for a program....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 10, 2007
I need to say hello for this is my first post. :cool:

I like my iPhone very much. I have been looking for a program to use for documents, to make and edit/update sent and alike to use on my iPhone. I do miss this on my treo. I have played with the online Zoho but these and some others I have found are not easy to use on the iPhone format.

This would be a big plus for the iPhone for me to have. To date I took all the 3rd party apps off for the new update. Heaven would be to have a native like a document program off line. I have a lot of files saved over the years being a long time palm user, which would be great to access for my job.

Any ideas?

DrawingCaricatures
DrawForYou.com
Mike

jwc194

Oct 25, 2007
Connecticut
Documents on iPhone

I need to say hello for this is my first post. :cool:
I, too, would like to say hello as this is my first post here!

I have been looking for a program to use for documents, to make and edit/update sent and alike to use on my iPhone...Heaven would be to have a native like a document program off line.
I feel your pain! I work for the company who developed the app you are probably talking about for your Treo (Documents To Go by DataViz; it's bundled with most Palms). I also happen to be an iPhone user. Maybe you see where I'm going here...:)

I put up a post on our blog last week about the SDK and our stance at this point for Documents To Go and our other products (which include an Exchange ActiveSync Push Email client and a Password/PIN manager).

Let me be clear: we have no definite plans to release Documents To Go (or any other app) for the iPhone at this point. However, the SDK announcement makes it (at the very least) a topic for serious discussion.

If you (or others out there) are interested in having Documents To Go for your iPhone, we'd love it if you'd let us know by dropping a line in our customer feedback/feature request area.

I know this doesn't really help in the short term, but (sometimes) good things come to those who wait!

Jason C. -
Office Mobility Blog

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
for a temp fix you could use google docs to edit and docs as long as they were imported to you google docs account then you can export them back to whatever file format you would like or email them directly...