looking for an application to connect to my webcam

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by mishmish, Jan 14, 2012.

1. mishmish

mishmish New Member

Will be happy to get some recommendations about good application to connect and view streaming of home and office from webcam via my iPhone.

Thanks,

2. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I use both iCam and JumiCam. They are different. You have to turn the camera on at your PC for iCam to work AND it has motion detection and still recording. Detector and recording can be controlled from your iPhone (or iPad). Jumi is turned on and off from your iPhone but it has no motion detection. You can take screen shots and you can carry on a 2-way conversation from your iPhone (like telling your dogs "no!). I have found iCam to be the less buggy and a little more reliable of the 2 - but just by a little. It depends on what features you are looking for.

3. mishmish

mishmish New Member

Many thanks.
    Read about the 2, and since I do not need the motion detection feature I am trying JumiCam.
    So far video streaming rate is good, the "talking feature" is nice and funny (can talk to the kids up-stares), taking screen shots is also nice - I can think of some ideas for future usage....
    Now I am trying to config it to work with more the one webcam, to be able to switch between the cams'.
    Hope Jumi's support is useful, cause I'm sure going to need some help :).

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I use iCam. You can disable the motion detection and recording. It allows you to view 4 webcams at once; each takes 1/4 of the screen.

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I like iCam as well. I created myself a little bit of test project with IP camera's and network camera's. With iCam you downlone the associated software onto your machine and you can pretty much start streaming video straight away. I fitted a USB to my server and plugged a couple of camera's in, it worked great via the app. iCam is really simple to set up ;)

6. mishmish

mishmish New Member

I have started with JumiCam, and I'm happy with it (3 web cams configuration).
    After ~2 weeks of usage, I can say it is definitely doing the job: I use it when I'm out to view and talk to the people at home, I use it in the house for communication between the floors ;). (I found the talking feature very useful)
    Did not downloaded iCam, after all, so no feedback to share here.