Looking for BEST car mount/holder!

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by MoneyMaker79, May 1, 2012.

1. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Hello. I am looking for a car mount/holder possibly one that mounts or sits on the dashboard. I am looking for one that could hold an iPhone 4 with the Otterbox case still on it. Also hold a GPS / Portable Radio. If anybody has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Marianne always points in one direction. It's actually the same company I used years ago when I had an iPod. The name escapes me right now. You piece it together based on make and model of your car, so it's built to fit your vehicle. Last I looked, they have adjustable versions that would allow for a case.

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm hoping to purchase something in store. I may go to Best Buy tomorrow.

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Cannot recommend one from BB - I haven't tried any.

The one I was referring to is ProClip.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out and what you end up picking up.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Bad thing about the mount is where do you place it? Usually I place them in the air vent, but then that eliminates air to flow out.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Depends on your car, but ProClip offers options where you can mount it to the left of your console.

Cigarette lighter and dash board suction cup are options if you want to avoid it sitting in front of a vent.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Awesome. Thanks for your help. I may go to Best Buy just to ask for their advice, or do you recommend going to AT&T or a phone store?

8. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

I have a proclip mount and brodit (same thing) adjustable dock with pass-through connection in my pathfinder. I even got it to work with my Lifeproof case (required taking the sides off, flipping them upside down, and filing a little material away.)
    LOVE IT. and since it's adjustable, I can use different cases, and will be able to probably accommodate the next version iPhone as well

9. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Where does this connect to in the car? Like, how does it stay put, is there a stand with it or what?

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Take a closer look at the photo. It plugs into the cigarette lighter plug. Has another plug & a USB port too. :D

12. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Well I see that! But, does it just lay? I'm possibly looking for something that has a mount. I don't need a charger which is basically what this is.

13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I think there is a swivel at the end of the main plug that allows up and down adjustment while the gooseneck lets you adjust it even more.

14. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

OH I think I understand now. Does this allow it to be in the air? That's what I got out of it after looking at picture again.

15. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

OK you can tighten it, in the car charger with a screw part. Then there is some kind of lever thinggy before the plug part. RoofMonkey my english help!
    That changes the ankle and sits tight. From there you got the bendable snake part. The part where the phone sits is rotable and adjustable to different sizes. I like it because it sits right at my hands reach. I drive a small car with stick.
    I had a few dashmounts and they just did not work. To far to reach, to hard to take off, if I needed to answer a call, to wobble, not fitting with my case etc. And we need to be able to ride long distance, charging our phones and devices. But I did buy it for its holder/mount part.