Looking for car mount that works with iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by azfalcon, Oct 24, 2014.

1. azfalcon

azfalcon Member
    Bronze

Anyone have or recommend a good car mount for the 6 plus? I'm tired of trying to get directions or change music while driving

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I've been using a combination of a Bracketron satellite radio dash mount (just the portion that attaches inside the dash) and a Bracketron Universal GPS Window Mount (just the portion that holds the iPhone) since 2009. I got both parts at Best Buy. They installed it and only charged me for one of the two. You can glance over and easily see what's on the screen.

http://www.bracketron.com/universal-gps-window-mount#.Utn3o2Tn8hQ
    http://www.bracketron.com/satellite-radio-universal-dash-mounting-kit#.Utn18GTn8hQ

Here's a picture of it with my iPhone 6, but it can securely hold a large variety of sizes, including the iPhone 6 Plus.

Photo Oct 24, 12 30 23 AM.jpg

3. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

I have a mount that utilizes the CD player. You insert the unit right into the slot where the cd would be inserted. Works great. They make one with a magnetic holder and also one with the usual claws.

Sent using iCafe app

4. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

5. FreStylMotoX01

FreStylMotoX01 New Member

The proclip USA is a nice setup. I have that in my car. It was a little spendy, but I like it alot uses the 30 pin to lightning adapter. FWIW, I bought the adjustable one for a small case iphone 5 which is what I was using it with originally and it still fits the 6 with a small case. A little wobble if you keep it loose, but not enough that I'm concerned about it.

6. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I love Proclip.. I have used their mounts for years and in 2 different cars.

7. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

I am another ProClip user. I have used them in all my cars for the past 8 years or so. You buy a mount specific for your car and a holder specific for your phone. As noted above, it is a little pricey but well worth the money in my book. I actually do not buy the holder for my phone but buy one of their adjustable ones. That allows me to make it work with or without a case. I am using the same one on my 6+ as I did on my 5 with no issues whatsoever. I just expanded it's grip width and voila. I use the apple leather case on my 6+ and it fits like a glove in the proclip.

http://www.proclipusa.com/

8. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

I'm still using using my proclip 5S rugged case size mount which fit my life proof with a 6 using a speck candy the only thing is the thickness is too big but not bad for now until the proper stuff is made