looking for food log webapp or optimized site

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I am looking for a food log web app (or maybe iPhone optimized site). I have searched and cannot fine one!

I need to lose 5-8 lbs and to do this I need to keep a food log. I could keep a notebook in my purse, but should I do that when I have an iPhone?

My second choice would be to just use the notepad.

Any suggestions are appreciated! thank you:)

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I am looking for a food log web app (or maybe iPhone optimized site). I have searched and cannot fine one!

I need to lose 5-8 lbs and to do this I need to keep a food log. I could keep a notebook in my purse, but should I do that when I have an iPhone?

My second choice would be to just use the notepad.

Any suggestions are appreciated! thank you:)
KoKogirl, I know you just got your iPhone not long ago. You are going to have to one day take the plunge into third party apps. You could use the voice recorder and pedometer for your diet. You could also find a way to customize the To Do list to help out also. Don't be scared, the 3P Apps work great and in no way damage your phone. Believe me, if there were problems with the 3P apps you would see it posted all over this site. The stock iPhone is so boring, realize the true potential of your phone and breathe new life into it...:laugh2:

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
KoKogirl, I know you just got your iPhone not long ago. You are going to have to one day take the plunge into third party apps. You could use the voice recorder and pedometer for your diet. You could also find a way to customize the To Do list to help out also. Don't be scared, the 3P Apps work great and in no way damage your phone. Believe me, if there were problems with the 3P apps you would see it posted all over this site. The stock iPhone is so boring, realize the true potential of your phone and breathe new life into it...:laugh2:
I appreciate your help. I am not ready to take the plunge into 3rd party apps yet. When I am, I will ask for your advise and assistance. When I got my iPhone a couple weeks ago, I updated to 1.1.1 and that seems to be harder to workaround from what I have read here.

I did google food log web apps this evening, and found some stuff. I will post what ones are good after I try some. I just want something simple to keep me online with food intake. I like to eat and I sit all day so it is easy to slip and let a few pounds back on. I keep a notebook at the gym for workout tracking since I will not let my iPhone get messed up at the gym. Knowing my luck, I would drop a wieght on it or smash it up somehow!

DavidB

Sep 26, 2007
I lost 30 lbs.!

Try Calorieking.com. It's a great site with a great food database. It also has a mobile version... calorieking.com/mobile .... which while it is not optimized for the iPhone it works really well. Very fast over EDGE,.

You'll need to set yourself up on the regular website first, then, when you access the mobile site from your iPhone, bookmark it so you don't have to sign in every time.

Good luck!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Another one that I use for tracking is http://www.gyminee.com

They have a cool iPhone layout at http://www.gyminee.com/iPhone
I signed up for this (gyminee) last night, but the site was getting worked on. Today I just used the notes section on the phone and put the time and what I ate. That worked out pretty good.

I also signed up for traineo. I am going to check both out. I really just need to write down what I eat to keep myself honest. I am familiar with bodybuilding.com (I sometimes buy EAS myoplex lite bars on there) but I did not think they had any kind of online logs. I will check out fitday also.

Thanks for the input. Jeans are tight and winter is coming:eek:

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Try Calorieking.com. It's a great site with a great food database. It also has a mobile version... calorieking.com/mobile .... which while it is not optimized for the iPhone it works really well. Very fast over EDGE,.

You'll need to set yourself up on the regular website first, then, when you access the mobile site from your iPhone, bookmark it so you don't have to sign in every time.

Good luck!
Congrats on losing 30lbs! It is really hard work. When I turned 30 I started eating better and exercising. I lost 35 lbs, but a few of those have been creeping back on... I am 37 now. My goal is to be more fit when I hit 40 than I was in my 30's.

I will check out calorieking.com -thanks!

eufo

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
Miami
Congrats on losing 30lbs! It is really hard work. When I turned 30 I started eating better and exercising. I lost 35 lbs, but a few of those have been creeping back on... I am 37 now. My goal is to be more fit when I hit 40 than I was in my 30's.

I will check out calorieking.com -thanks!
Ok, we're both 37, from Florida, have iPhones, use this website, and are trying to get back in shape. Are you my sister that Obi Wan kept secret from me? :p

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Ok, we're both 37, from Florida, have iPhones, use this website, and are trying to get back in shape. Are you my sister that Obi Wan kept secret from me? :p
I cannot use the force, can you? lol! That is a strange coincidence. I used gyminee today and it worked pretty well for the foodlog. Easy access from iPhone. OK speed on edge, super fast on wifi.

Jun 26, 2008
fitnessjournal.com and iPhone

I am looking for a fitness site or software to track food and exercise that will work with iPhone. Fitnessjournal.com has specifically stated that they work with iPhones. Does anyone know about this site or suggest other sites?