Looking for large sized aftermarket watch bands

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Griffinaz, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot
    Gold

I have very large wrists. The only Apple Watch band that will fit around my wrist is the leather magnetic one and that one just barely works. While that band looks fine and functions, the magnet is not strong enough to go a full day without coming undone because only a very small part of the band folds back on itself to attach. I need to find an aftermarket band that is longer than any that Apple currently has available.

Does anyone know of any company providing large size watch bands (metal or leather) for the Apple Watch? I can find plenty that are standard length replacements but that won't help me. My wrists are almost 10 inches around (250mm). The largest apple band fits 215mm.

Attached Files:

2. beeutiful46

beeutiful46 New Member

[​IMG]

I absolutely love my band! Bought it off Etsy from Toltecwear. He custom makes them specifically for your wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1456356782.843518.jpg
    This might help you. It's a Lunatik band and case. Cleatus was modeling it for me

4. ronnie123

ronnie123 Member
    Bronze

I'm thinking about getting a new Series 2. This would be my first Apple Watch. I have large wrists (about 230mm), and I'm not finding much on Apple's site that would work for me. For the Series 1, though, there is a decent aftermarket selection out there. Are straps for Series 1 compatible for Series 2? They look like they would be, but I don't really want to guess at it. Thanks!

5. Baller

Baller Member
    Bronze

i would hope they are compatible as that will piss many people off who upgrade and want to keep their older bands

6. ronnie123

ronnie123 Member
    Bronze

Thanks, Baller.

I've seen it mentioned a few times that while the 7Plus has the same dimensions, many cases from its predecessor won't fit it because of the new camera lenses.

Been doing a lot of Googling to try and figure out with out finding anything suggesting the Series 1 bands will or will not fit the Series 2 Apple watches. Cases are same dimensions 38mm & 42mm, so considering where the bands attach, even if the watch's buttons were a little different, it makes sense that you have the correct answer.

7. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

Yes all the existing straps OEM or aftermarket from the series 1 fit series 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk