Looking for Netshare Tether instructions for PC

TyWebb

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Paradise, FL, USA
As the title says, I grabbed netshare off of the App store but the instructions that come with it are for mac only :( Well I have a PC and I am looking for instructions to set it up so it works with my Windows laptop. Can anyone provide instructions on setting up for a PC? Or a link to another site that has instructions?

Thanks!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Nullriver (the developer) says they are coming out soon and will also be included in the next update. In the mean time, maybe someone else knows.

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
I think someone posted the instructions on the Netshare review on iTunes. Go scroll through all the reviews and find it! =)

TyWebb

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Paradise, FL, USA
I think someone posted the instructions on the Netshare review on iTunes. Go scroll through all the reviews and find it! =)

Thanks... I am able to see the review on my iPhone but not on my PC. Whenever I try to get to the app through iTunes on my PC I get the error "This app is not available in the US". I guess they pulled it again :(

I really would like a copy of this info on my PC, can someone who has access please post the Windows XP tethering instructions from the comments? A simple copy/paste into thsi forum would suffice :)

Thanks in advance!

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Video walkthrough is here:

===================
Written walkthrough
===================

First off,you need to download Proxifier from proxifier.com

Here ya go:

1) Setup a new network on windows(call it netshare)

a. To do this you need to go into your network connections and right click on your wireless connection. Then click the wireless networks tab. Click add. Name your network whatever. I call mine "netshare." Set net authentication to open and data encryption to disabled. click the box on the bottom that says "this is a computer to computer ad-hoc network"

2) Connect to the ad-hoc network by disconnecting all other connections.

3) Go to the wifi networks on your iPhone and select netshare. Set the IP address to 192.168.10.1 and the subnet to 255.255.255.0. Use Static

4) Go to the TCP/IP settings and set your computer's IP.
a. To do this you need to right click on your wireless connection and click properties.
b. left click on Internet Protocol TCP/IP and select properties.
c. select the use the following ip address box
d. set your ip to 192.168.10.2
e. set your subnet to 255.255.255.0
f. select ok

5) Run the proxifier program

6) click the proxy settings button on the tool bar

7) Click Add then enter 192.168.10.1 in the address and set the port to 1080. select Socks ver 5 and click ok

8) Open netshare on your iPhone

9) test your connection using the proxy checker

10) Netshare should show your connections at 1 and the data rates

11) Open your browser and you should have internet access through your phone.

ENJOY!

-UltimateFighter from macromurs

TyWebb

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Paradise, FL, USA
Well no luck so far. Im getting stuck real early. I setup the ad hoc network on my laptop but i never see the network on my iPhone. I am following these directions word by word. Is there something i need to enable/diable in order to get it to broadcast? I cant see the "netshare" network on the iPhone after i created, its like its not broadcasting. In my wireless network list i see "netshare" listed but there is a lil red x on it, just like all the other networks im not connected to.

Id really like to get this running! Any help is appreciated!

TyWebb

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Paradise, FL, USA
"2) Connect to the ad-hoc network by disconnecting all other connections."

What does "by disconnecting all other connections" mean?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
"2) Connect to the ad-hoc network by disconnecting all other connections."

What does "by disconnecting all other connections" mean?
Make sure you pc does not have a ethernet cable plugged in to it. ANd make sure the wi-fi is not connected to the router.

unitas

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I don't recommend Tethering with iPhone.

AT&T will charge you for tethering and it can be thousands of dollars. It clearly says tethering is not offered for the iPhone so use it at your own risk.

If you charge you and you don't pay, they send your account to an outside collections agency and ruins your credit.

TyWebb

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Paradise, FL, USA
AT&T will charge you for tethering and it can be thousands of dollars. It clearly says tethering is not offered for the iPhone so use it at your own risk.

If you charge you and you don't pay, they send your account to an outside collections agency and ruins your credit.
LOL thousands of dollars, you really need to relax man. Lighten up! don't be such a doomsdayer please! Its not healthy to think this way.

Theres hundres of posts on the web with people that have been tethering for years with all sorts of devices and nothing ever happens to them. its not like im gonna be torrenting or anything, just an emergency connection in case I need it .

unitas

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
LOL thousands of dollars, you really need to relax man. Lighten up! don't be such a doomsdayer please! Its not healthy to think this way.

Theres hundres of posts on the web with people that have been tethering for years with all sorts of devices and nothing ever happens to them. its not like im gonna be torrenting or anything, just an emergency connection in case I need it .
Maybe your right, I should just take a chill pill and go to bed.

thehotrod

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
I'm new to the iPhone, but I used PDANet for 2 years with my Treo 700w/wx on Verizon and they never complained to me. So I'm positive AT&T won't know the difference either.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Wow, so far all of the instructions i've seen for PC connection have only a vague similarity to the windows, menus, tabs, etc. I see on my XP machine. I can't even get to square one with this.

jmyler

Aug 6, 2008
So I did these steps to a "t" and got it to work beautifully. I did get hung up at the end for a second when i was trying to get it to recognize the connection in netshare. I went back to safari on my phone and just opened a random webpage and the wifi icon in the top left disappeared and was replaced with my 3g icon. Once that was there i went back to NetShare and the connection was there. Beautiful, now add MMS and the iPhone will be perfect.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
NetShare is "da bomb"!

Written walkthrough
===================

First off,you need to download Proxifier from proxifier.com

Here ya go:

1) Setup a new network on windows(call it netshare)
11) Open your browser and you should have internet access through your phone.
Thanks a bunch! I finally got around to configuring and testing NetShare with Windows Vista 64-bit. I happened to get lucky and downloaded it the second time it was available and am I impressed!

My download speeds are around 760 Kbps (downloading) 324 Kbps (uploading). I am very happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
if it ever becomes available again you guys need to make a huge thread
the size of 3 threads!

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
I think whats most impressive about Eye-Fone's connection is that his latency is only 122ms! that makes a huge difference when loading webpages over the cellular network.