Looking for rugged case for white iPhone 4

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Apr 26, 2014
I need a hard wearing rugged case, griffin and otterbox gives me this.
I want the griffin the most. But it says not compatable with White iPhone 4, does it make a difference? Can I still get it?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Yep, I see it now. That's odd. Looks like a review says it fits, but I'd proceed with caution given the manufacturer warning. Might be worth it to go with the Otterbox. I have one on my iPad, iPhone and iPod touch – I have a lot of faith in their products.

Amazon is good with returns, so you could always take a chance and return if you don't mind the hassle.

Apr 26, 2014
Our testing has shown that the proximity sensor on the white iPhone 4 does not work properly with many screen protectors, including the Survivor's integrated screen protector. While in the Survivor case, the screen of the iPhone 4 will not sleep properly during phone calls. No other functionality is affected.

This issue does not affect the white iPhone 4S.

What does this actually mean?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I was going to get it of of griffin website, so I will know its real,,,
I was looking at otterbox, but doesn't look like much protection
Which Otterbox were you looking at? Protection doesn't get much better than with the Otterbox Defender. They do have a new Otterbox Symmetry that is sleeker in design with less protection.

Mrallank59

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 8, 2013
When Otterbox first released the Armor case I just knew it was going to blow LifeProof out of the water. I even liked the fact that it was a very large case. I bought one. Failed the water test. Threw it away and bought another one. It also failed the water test. The Armor was a big let down

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
When Otterbox first released the Armor case I just knew it was going to blow LifeProof out of the water. I even liked the fact that it was a very large case. I bought one. Failed the water test. Threw it away and bought another one. It also failed the water test. The Armor was a big let down
How a waterproof case is installed on a phone is sometimes the reason for failed tests. Some cases are just not well made. Lifeproof makes great waterproof cases. Otterbox has a fairly new one called the Preserver. It's one of the very best waterproof cases. Much better than their Armor. I hope to pick one up for my new iPhone 6, whenever that happens.