Looking for video editing app, alternative to iMovie

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Bump from the dead. Anyone Downloaded and new video apps lately? I picked up 8mm and it's kinda nice. Just seeing if anyone has some good ones.

Callumb

Jan 28, 2012
Hi there, i have a iPhone 3G 8gb, as of recent my iPhone is playing up. At first it wouldn't charge or be picked up in iTunes. So a replacement back was bought including everything bar motherboard, screen and camera. After fitting this the phone charges but takes for ever. It also is still not recognized in iTunes, and the little buz when it is plugged into charge dosent happen and battery doctor does not show as charging.

Im beginning to think this is a little more than just the connector dock and battery now. Can anybody help, or suggest what may be wrong with the phone.

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
It might not be worth it anymore =(

RIP your iPhone 3G.

Seeing as it sounds like you took it apart, you might have done something wrong too so this could prevent it from operating properly.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
It might not be worth it anymore =(

RIP your iPhone 3G.

Seeing as it sounds like you took it apart, you might have done something wrong too so this could prevent it from operating properly.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
You should never take the phone apart yourself. Lesson in technology. Let the professionals handle that part!

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I think with as many videos and websites online that step by step you through all repair process that anyone that has taken their phone in and it wasn't replaced should be able to and should do any and all repairs. They are easy to follow steps that aren't much more complicated than brushing your teeth. If Apple said they won't replace then there is no harm in trying.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I think with as many videos and websites online that step by step you through all repair process that anyone that has taken their phone in and it wasn't replaced should be able to and should do any and all repairs. They are easy to follow steps that aren't much more complicated than brushing your teeth. If Apple said they won't replace then there is no harm in trying.
Yeah, there is no harm in trying if that's the case.

bulls6pack

Bronze
Jan 27, 2009
Peoria, Illinois
I'm looking for an app that will allow me to access my movies, edit a clip from it, then share it via message, email, ect. For example, say I want to cut a funny quote from Anchorman, then message that clip. Is there any app out there that will allow me to do this?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Unless it's a video that's already in the camera roll, I'm not aware of a way to handle this entirely on an iPhone. You don't have the option to extract portions of movies from the Video app and edit them like you do with videos that are in the camera roll. Screen recorder apps are and option if you are jaillbroken and don't need audio. They record the video, but not the audio since you can't have an output on the speakers and input on the mic at the same time. Otherwise, you need to extract the video on your computer first.

I use a Mac to do this. I have an app called iShowU HD that I use to extract a portion of the video with audio. Then I either send it to my phone with Dropbox and edit it with iMovie on the phone or edit it with iMovie on the computer. Once it's on the phone, you can use the share feature to send it to a contact. You can also send it through DropBox. There are plenty of PC apps that will allow you to save clips of movies as well.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
MoviePro

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this. Video looks amazing. Can shoot videos up to 120 mbps bit rate! Android phones can only shoot 4k up to 48mbps bit rate. This more than doubles the quality of Android 4k videos.

Last edited:

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I would gladly pay $5 if it has the features. About a year ago I downloaded about 35 editing apps and were all garbage. Most were filters or the same features as iMovie.