Looking to buy an iPad Mini

Discussion in 'iPad mini' started by xxedgyxx, Nov 24, 2012.

1. xxedgyxx

xxedgyxx New Member

Hey everyone, i was this close | | to purchasing a Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 on black friday for $180 when i realized i just couldnt do it. ive had all the iPhones since the 1st and love ios too much to try Android. Anyways, i would primarily just be using the ipad to browse and watch movies with basically. Would a 16gb mini suffice? With the iPhone i like to purchase the most memory i can just because. But since i would still have my phone anyway would i regret purchasing the 16gb vs the 32 or 64? Price is playing the biggest factor right now since that $180 galaxy tab is so enticing... Anyways, any help or advise would be greatly appreciated guys, thanks.

2. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I got the nexus 7 and love it! Anyway, to your question, just get the 16gb iPad mini, that's plenty for movies, unless you're the type that likes carrying more movies you'll ever be able to watch in a lifetime. Question for you now; what does loving iOS have to do with getting a good cheaper Android tablet? Did you know Apple does not love us back? Lol J/K

3. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I actually had the Galaxy Tab 7.0 and be glad you did not purchase it as it is 100% garbage! It's sluggish, it feels like it was made by ToysRUs, it's loaded with crapware, and it's painfully slow to get updates for the OS.. If a cheap Android is in the running, the Nexus 7 is the way to go!

I'd say 16GB will be plenty for the use you describe.. You can always add and remove movies / content as needed..

My .02

4. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

You haven't been here that long and in the time you have been all you have done is talk about how great the Galaxy Tab's are.. So I have to wonder what your end game is... Odd to say the least..

I don't think it's any great secret that the Galaxy Tab's are pretty much pure junk.. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 is not even close to the iPad in term of smoothness.. Again, this is no secret to anyone..

So I have to ask what your end game is? I can go back if you want and quote you where in just about every single post you have made it has touted the Galaxy Tab's but I do not think its necessary..

I am not anti Android as I would easily recommend the Nexus 7 to people who want a smaller Android tablet..

The Galaxy Tab's however, are junk! Justify your purchase if you need to but don't mislead users while doing so..

To the OP I always find it useful to visit other forums and see what the users of the device are saying.. If you visit XDA for instance you will see that most Galaxy Tab owners complain about how sluggish they are and most users quickly dump the standard OS for a custom ROM trying to improve the performance of ALL the Galaxy Tab's..

My .02

#4 raqball, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  5. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I won't respond to this gibberish any more or this side tracking of the original question asked by the OP..

Aside from my thoughts on the Tab 10.1 being pure junk the OP was NOT asking about the 10.1.. You decided for some odd reason to include it in the discussion.. The OP was asking about the Tab 7.0

I had the 7.0 and like I stated earlier, I believe the OP made a good choice by passing it up.

Respond back if you want about how glorious the Tab 10.1 is and I will breeze right on past the post.

If you have or have had a 7.0 the OP is asking about then I am all ears..

#5 raqball, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  6. xxedgyxx

xxedgyxx New Member

Ok guys didn't mean to start up an argument here. The black friday price of the galaxy tab 7.0 was just enticing for a minute i mean $180 at costco and came with a pouch isn't a bad deal at all. I was originally planning to buy an ipad mini just waiting for the right time to pull the trigger and when the tab came up it just made me wonder and second guess for a second. But now that i slept on it im back on track for an ipad mini.

7. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

I love my iPad Mini. I'm rather keen to try a Microsoft Surface and RT8, but otherwise iOS is my first choice.

8. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I am very, very happy with my purchase of the mini!

I am not all that thrilled over the Win 8 tablets. The UI does nothing for me and the lack of available apps is a big negative for me.

I am pretty entrenched in the Apple ecosystem with paid apps ect, I also have a lot of paid apps in the Google Play store (not as much as with Apple though) and the thought of having to buy some apps again for a 3rd time is kind of disparaging to me.

I suppose if Win 8 blew me away I would purchase apps again for the 3rd time but I'm honestly just not diggin the Win 8 interface..

9. Lisa22

Lisa22 Member
    Bronze

I'm buying a 16. I have a 32 gig phone I can't fill, and rotating content is so easy, I really don't see the use in spending more money if its just for music and videos. Most of my music listening is with my phone and earbuds anyway. I find my tablet usage is for things I don't intend on storing permanently anyway.