Looking to get unlocked iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 23, 2007
Hey guys I'm brand new to the forums here and have a few quick questions. I'm using T-Mobile currently and found a website selling unlocked iPhones with software version 1.1.1 now, has anybody heard any feed back on this unlocked software? Also if I purchase this unlocked phone when I go to connect it to my laptop will it automatically try to update to the latest software version when it comes out or no? Also for those of you using T-Mobile currently with the iPhone what data plan do you have and does You Tube work still on T-Mobiles network? Thanks in advance guys, sorry for all the questions.

Oct 23, 2007
Anyone? I just want to make sure if I invest $500 in a new unlocked iPhone with version 1.1.1 that it won't get bricked on me right away and become an expensive paper weight. Is everyone having good luck with the iPhone unlocked with T-Mobile so far and still able to sync their iPhone with their PC?

Oct 23, 2007
Alright so iTunes must give you the option whether or not you want to update the software on the iPhone before actually just doing it for you correct? If this is the case and people are running unlocked phones with 1.1.1 currently I think I'll be good to go, if someone could chime in on whether iTunes gives you the option to update your software on the iPhone that would be greatly appreciated thanks

projkt13

Oct 22, 2007
Oceanside, CA
If I were you I would buy and unlocked phone from ebay or my favorite "craigslist" ! It saves you the hassle of downgrading to make it work with Tmobile. I also have Tmobile service. And once you have the unlocked phone you can come here and HAVE A GOOD OL TIME finding different mods to add to your new toy.

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Im not sure what everyone else above is telling you. But it is not possible to have a 1.1.1 software on an unlocked iPhone. The backband is totally different and it is impossible right now to use a downgraded backband for it to work, youll just be wasting money on an expensive ipod touch.

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Im not sure what everyone else above is telling you. But it is not possible to have a 1.1.1 software on an unlocked iPhone. The backband is totally different and it is impossible right now to use a downgraded backband for it to work, youll just be wasting money on an expensive ipod touch.
you can unlock a 1.1.1 iPhone but its harder than unlocking a 1.0.2. go into the iPhone software forum and check you'll find a lot of guides for jailbreaking a 1.1.1, the issue with the baseband is solved.

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Alright so iTunes must give you the option whether or not you want to update the software on the iPhone before actually just doing it for you correct? If this is the case and people are running unlocked phones with 1.1.1 currently I think I'll be good to go, if someone could chime in on whether iTunes gives you the option to update your software on the iPhone that would be greatly appreciated thanks
when u connect your iPhone with your computer and open iTunes, it would tell u that there is a newer version that is available for the iPhone (1.1.1) would you like to update? CLICK NO and tick the box that says don't show this message again and you're done