Looking to spend the $100 credit on headphones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gulbane

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Im very unhappy with the terrible treble and bass sound from the stock iPhone headphones. Im looking to use the credit we will be getting to pick up some decent in-ear headphones. One major thing - I HAVE to be able to use the little clicker to stop and start the ipod and hangup on calls. (I don't care if it skips to the next track).

Whats out there in the $100-$200 range, sold at the Apple store, that would fit my needs?

Thanks!

PS: Im on the train a lot - so I would love something that would block out ambient noise around me and allow me to listen in peace.

Aug 1, 2007
Im very unhappy with the terrible treble and bass sound from the stock iPhone headphones. Im looking to use the credit we will be getting to pick up some decent in-ear headphones. One major thing - I HAVE to be able to use the little clicker to stop and start the ipod and hangup on calls. (I don't care if it skips to the next track).

Whats out there in the $100-$200 range, sold at the Apple store, that would fit my needs?

Thanks!

PS: Im on the train a lot - so I would love something that would block out ambient noise around me and allow me to listen in peace.
V-Moda Vibe Duos are your best bet. $99.99

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=DB77FAB5&nplm=TN543LL/A

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
Ok thanks - these have an in-line microphone, but do NOT have a clicker that allows you to mute music correct? Thats my only real requirement...I need to be able to click the wire and shut off music at a moments notice.
Sorry man, i am getting the vibe headphones, but as far as i know there is nothing out there as of yet that can do that. well if you look at my post :) you will see that someone told me that the new vibe headdphones are coming out oct 1st and will have the clicking option and noise cancelling and all that good stuff.

applecart

Bronze
Oct 13, 2007
miami, fl
i have big hands, big feet and i guess big ear canal :-(

hi all, happy new year m2 u.

writing to ask for reco purchase of thrid party in-ear bud headphones. while i luv the white iPhone buds, they slip out at gym and have no sound muffling ability while traveling on the plane.

would plug plug/play, avoid the adapter carryalong.

please send suggestions, will be hitting stores this weekend.

respect my authori-tah!

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i highly recommend the V-moda Vibe duos. Earlier in this thread it was stated they do NOT have a clicker with which you can answer calls and pause/fast forward songs, but they have since been updated to include this feature.

theHAGGIS

Sep 10, 2007
Ultimate have just made a set for 34.99, with clicker and mic. (http://www.ultimatebuds.com/store/product.php?productid=16139&cat=0&page=1&featured) However I have no idea how they sound in comparison to the Vmoda's. And for only $10 more you can get the Shure adapter for your existing favourite headphones. (http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/Products/Accessories/CasesAdapters/us_pa_MPA_phone_adapter)
or the UB one (http://www.ultimatebuds.com/store/home.php?cat=254)
just a few other options for you.

iPhreak

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Yes there is a V Moda Duo with the clicker. I own them and they are great. I listened to the bose in a store, and I thought they were a bit (bass-y) to me. I am a rock and acoustic guy, so bass is not my thing. The duo has a great mix between treble and bass. The sound is the greatest, and the noise blocking is good as well. It will take a little while to get used to the depth of the earbud in your ear though. I thought I was going to scrap my brain :)

applecart

Bronze
Oct 13, 2007
miami, fl
thanks for the feedback. i hit the Apple on miami beach with my gift card, and got the black duo. so far, so good, ultimate test is later today when i get on my flight. hopefully duo will drum out the passengers next to me, and the overall buzz noise inflight. ended up using the large buds, wonder what that says about me? kidding, thanks all.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
thanks for the feedback. i hit the Apple on miami beach with my gift card, and got the black duo. so far, so good, ultimate test is later today when i get on my flight. hopefully duo will drum out the passengers next to me, and the overall buzz noise inflight. ended up using the large buds, wonder what that says about me? kidding, thanks all.
i recently did a lot of flying, and mine held up great. i suspect yours will also.

blacklabel775

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I love my V-Modas. They're also a very chill company.

My fist set (came without the clicker button) ended up dying on me, and I had to send them back. I didn't have my receipt, yet they were more than happy to honor their 1 year warranty (possibly since the iPhone has only been out for about 7 months). All i had to send back were the headphones themselves, so I kept the replacement ear pads and carrying pouch. And to top it off, they upgraded me to the newer 'clicker' version.

Keep up the good work V-Moda.