looks like 6/29 will be the magical date

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
All recent rumors in the past few days (extra security, tv commerical sighting, AT&T businesss rep, claims of an AT&T corporate marketing employee and now Engadget) point to a release during the final week of June, either on 6/25, 6/26 or 6/29.

The wait is almost over. The iPhone will be here soon, not soon enough. I hate waiting. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
All recent rumors in the past few days (extra security, tv commerical sighting, AT&T businesss rep, claims of an AT&T corporate marketing employee and now Engadget) point to a release during the final week of June, either on 6/25, 6/26 or 6/29.

The wait is almost over. The iPhone will be here soon, not soon enough. I hate waiting. :p
Credit to Jeff in our forums who reported the 29th weeks ago and we reported on it. Looks like EI wins release date bingo!:p

-Chris

Last edited:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

So you're saying that at least by the 29th we should have our hands on it some way or another? I agree, although the 26th is very likely if the security requests are correct and not just rumor.

Austinsdc

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Didn't Steve Jobs say in the keynote the 29th? I still hope it's the 11th! lol

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Didn't Steve Jobs say in the keynote the 29th? I still hope it's the 11th! lol
He said June in the keynote and his latest quote for D | All Things Digital (see video) was "late June".

Last edited:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
He said June in the keynote and his latest quote for D | All Things Digital (see video) was "late June".
I thought he just said, "uhhh, yeah," when asked if late June was the date.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
The exact exchange was...

Walt: Are you still on track to ship that, when?
Steve: Late June.
Walt: Late June. That means like the very last day of June?
Steve: Uh, yeah. (with a smile and some laughter)

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
That is exactly how I saw it. Basically he was nailed down and asked "The last day of June?" and he replied, "Uhhhh...yeah (laughing)"

Literally the last day of June (i.e. 30th) or basically the last day of June (i.e. 29th)?

The 29th seems to be growing legs like wildfire...I take back my earlier 50/50 26th / 29th bet and am now putting money on 25th/26th delivery date, with the 29th being the earliest date the general public will be able to get one in the dirty little mitts. Anybody with me?

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
Are their any big tv shows of events on in the next couple weeks? Maby NBA finals?