Looks like AT&T will keep unlimited data for IP5 users

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kimo

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
I agree NICE. I have been under the grandfather plan since version one. I think it is a bad choice on what Verizon is doing from a businesss stand point.

ckpatel24

Apr 20, 2010
thats huge! i love that because since the iPhone 5 is 4G/LTE and the speeds are much faster I personally know I will use much more data so having unlimited is crucial. good job ATT!

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Is there a way of combining the unlimited plan with a shared/family one? We have two grandfathered unlimited, but need to have 3 kids on shared....

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
Keeping unlimited is nice but not if your throttle at 3 gb(like so many users complain). I never use a lot of data(max is 2gb in a month), so I have moved to mobile share plan to allow everyone to use the data. My son and wife only have 250mg.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
They raised the cap on "unlimited" plans to 5GB. Much more reasonable. But this is their attempt to distract us from the whole FaceTime/shared data debacle, and that's the one I'm really hoping they cave on eventually.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
They raised the cap on "unlimited" plans to 5GB. Much more reasonable. But this is their attempt to distract us from the whole FaceTime/shared data debacle, and that's the one I'm really hoping they cave on eventually.
Is that on LTE or 3G? The 5GB cap that is.

lukasp13

Bronze
Sep 20, 2008
Nashville
This is awesome, I was convinced that they would force us off of the unlimited plans with the switch to LTE. I was considering switching to Verizon but probably staying with AT&T now...

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
I agree with you on that one. I am crossing my fingers, eyes and toes that they change their stance on that as well.

SunnySweet

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 23, 2010
Upstate NY
I have a dumb (I am sure) question ... If I order my new phone from Apple ... Do I still get to keep my grandfathered unlimited data with AT&T? I am pretty sure I ordered my 4S from Apple (and my 4) ... so it should be fine, right? Sharunda feel free to help me out here lol

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
SunnySweet There should be no problem to keep your unlimited data with AT&T just because you ordered your iPhone from Apple. That shouldn't make a difference at all. You might have to select a plan but you are grandfathered in so this should not matter either.

I would call Apple and ask them and if they know nothing about what choices will be on their site, call AT&T and find out for sure from them.

I remember when I got the 4S's there was a section on choosing a plan that was confusing but AT&T cleared it up and people who had Unlimited were able to keep Unlimited.

kimo

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
SunnySweet There should be no problem to keep your unlimited data with AT&T just because you ordered your iPhone from Apple. That shouldn't make a difference at all. You might have to select a plan but you are grandfathered in so this should not matter either.

I would call Apple and ask them and if they know nothing about what choices will be on their site, call AT&T and find out for sure from them.

I remember when I got the 4S's there was a section on choosing a plan that was confusing but AT&T cleared it up and people who had Unlimited were able to keep Unlimited.
I have also got my iPhone from Apple and never had an issue with buying there instead of at AT&T. In fact my last one (4S), I got from Best Buy.