Looks Like NO Tuesday Update

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
update 1.0.1 was posted at 8:40pm on tuesday .. so its still possible .. but i agree i don't think we see one till friday the 28th .. which is the official launch of the ipod touch.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
LOL! I wonder how many hits their iPhone Software Update Server got today? ;)

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Yeah. There should be some sort of prize for whoever first posts that the update is up.

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
HOW in the world will I sleep tonight? Think I just might set my calendar alarm to go off every hour so I can check for any updates.

I feel like a little kid at Christmas! LOL

This is pretty poor folks. Grown adults behaving like this. I know 2 things. The update will be here when it gets here .... and my iPhone works fine just the way it is right now.

Stoldit

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Like I posted in my earlier thread. ahahhahahaha IT WAS STATED FOR THE UPDATE LATER THIS WEEK!. Tuesday, Tuesday. It is not a CD/DVD/GAME Release. jesus.

why

Aug 3, 2007
Boston
Like I posted in my earlier thread. ahahhahahaha IT WAS STATED FOR THE UPDATE LATER THIS WEEK!. Tuesday, Tuesday. It is not a CD/DVD/GAME Release. jesus.
It was just assumed being as the other updates were released on Tuesdays, no need to cause a war over it.

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
Speaking of updates, has anyone else heard the rumors of The Death Star update? I'm a little bummed it didn't happen tonight, this is my first update!

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
I heard it was coming Friday today in the Apple store.

However I just overheard a genius talking to the girl next to me, but yes who knows.

mac29

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
It's funny how I am so anxious for this update, and I won't probably use it that much. These are the questions I am wondering about.

1. Can I download a song over the EDGE network?
2. Can I take a call while in the middle of a download?
3. If so, what will happen to the download?
4. Now that I will be able to take a song from iPhone to computer, will I be able to do that with songs that weren't purchased from iTunes?
5. Can i download multiple albums at a time?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
It's funny how I am so anxious for this update, and I won't probably use it that much. These are the questions I am wondering about.

1. Can I download a song over the EDGE network?
2. Can I take a call while in the middle of a download?
3. If so, what will happen to the download?
4. Now that I will be able to take a song from iPhone to computer, will I be able to do that with songs that weren't purchased from iTunes?
5. Can i download multiple albums at a time?
1. i am about 99% sure you can
2if you are on EDGE then no because you already cant use safari or anything useing the internet while on EDGE. but if on wifi then most likey, yes
3. either it will keep downloading, or it will pause the download and resume after finishing the call
4. i doubt it
5. probably

hope that was at least a little bit helpful :laugh2:

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
HOW in the world will I sleep tonight? Think I just might set my calendar alarm to go off every hour so I can check for any updates.

I feel like a little kid at Christmas! LOL

This is pretty poor folks. Grown adults behaving like this. I know 2 things. The update will be here when it gets here .... and my iPhone works fine just the way it is right now.
Wow good luck with that, if I set my calendar alarm I would sleep right through it because I can never hear mine it's soooo low! Hope yours is louder.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
hmm thats a good question...that would be a very cool idea...but i watched the key note for the new ipods that included the wifi music store and steve didn't say anything about doing that and if it was possible to do that he would have said so.

Last edited by a moderator:

iphoneyouphone

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
1. i am about 99% sure you can
2if you are on EDGE then no because you already cant use safari or anything useing the internet while on EDGE. but if on wifi then most likey, yes
3. either it will keep downloading, or it will pause the download and resume after finishing the call
4. i doubt it
5. probably

hope that was at least a little bit helpful :laugh2:
I don't think you can download via edge. isn't it called the iTunes "wifi" store. I bet edge is too slow.

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
AHHHHHH!

I want my update so bad. lol.

Jun 26, 2007
im almost positive that the update will come tonight at 11:14
almost sure
my inside source tells me ;)

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
I heard from my brothers friend that his uncle works for Wal-Mart and has a friend who works for Apple who didn't know when the update would be released so they asked my brother who told them to ask someone in the Apple store who said it should be released in about 5 minutes

So get ready for it in 5 minutes or so