Loopt

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
i just got Loopt goin'...is there any way to sign off ...what's the in and outs of Loopt

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
You can 'hide from everybody'. About the same.

LOOPT is great. Read over in the 3g iPhone threads 'cause someone decided to start a loopt thread there for some reason.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
You can 'hide from everybody'. About the same.

LOOPT is great. Read over in the 3g iPhone threads 'cause someone decided to start a loopt thread there for some reason.
thanks...i see that...i'll chk these other threads...thanks for the tip...i decided to post this here cause everybody don't have 3G...

muckymucky

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
aye Bay~Bay~
as far as i know, Loopt doesn't stalk you unless you press "update", as in it wont tell your friends or as we say on facebook: put an update item on your mini-feed. so just press home and loopt no longer does anything until the next time you open up the app, go to "what's up" and press update.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
From what I've read, Loopt uses the SMS service to do its' job. Therefore, if you don't have unlimited text-messaging on your account, you might get a nasty surprise when your bill arrives.

....sT

...you meen to tell me that this app uses SMS? ...huh? ...i don't get that...

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
...you meen to tell me that this app uses SMS? ...huh? ...i don't get that...
When someone pings you, you get text message letting you know. If you get pinged all day it can be quite a few text messages. So far I think the most I've gotten in a day is 25.

And as far as having to hit update for someone to locate you. I think yes for the most part. But a friend of mine stopped by tonight and we both just ran Loopt without updating and it showed us both within a block of each other. Before he dropped by, he was about 6 miles away. So, if you REALLY don't want someone to know where you are at, limit who you update to, or "hide from everybody".

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I believe it updates any time you enter Loopt, hit update and if you are still in Loopt it auto updates (although I'm not sure how fast).