Loose Sleep/Wake Button

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Does anyone else have a sleep/wake button that feels loose if you move it side to side. The button feels solid when you actually press it but when in "rest position" it has left to right play? Anyone else experience this?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I have read of other cases in the forum. If it is a 3G or a V1 still under warranty, I would certainly take it to Apple for a replacement. This is assuming that the problem wasn't caused by abuse, which sounds like it wasn't. Also if the phone is jailbroke, restore it to a new phone first as Apple frowns on that sort of thing.:p

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I have read of other cases in the forum. If it is a 3G or a V1 still under warranty, I would certainly take it to Apple for a replacement. This is assuming that the problem wasn't caused by abuse, which sounds like it wasn't. Also if the phone is jailbroke, restore it to a new phone first as Apple frowns on that sort of thing.:p
My phone has some scuffs on the back of the phone do to a minor drop......do you think this will void my warranty?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
My phone has some scuffs on the back of the phone do to a minor drop......do you think this will void my warranty?
I don't see any problem with this. That can be looked at as normal wear. You should be fine.

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I don't see any problem with this. That can be looked at as normal wear. You should be fine.
Great......I'm going to give it a try this evening.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
I have the same problem, but with my volume button. But it only moves up and down slightly, nothing major.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Mine fell five feet and had some good damage then I tried to clean it with a chemical cleaner and damaged the back pretty good.

They still covered the stuck pixels under warranty.

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Mine fell five feet and had some good damage then I tried to clean it with a chemical cleaner and damaged the back pretty good.

They still covered the stuck pixels under warranty.
Apple replaced it for me yesterday.....no more loose button!

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I have a slightly different problem. My button is barely above the shell of the phone. It has compressed down to the point where it is almost flush.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I have a slightly different problem. My button is barely above the shell of the phone. It has compressed down to the point where it is almost flush.
Someone else had this problem. He took it in, and they replaced his phone.

You should go take it in to Apple.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Looks like we are still seeing lot's of build quality issues. Kind of sucks, perhaps on the next version of the iPhone Apple will find a better manufacturer for it's designs.