Loses internet connection after undock

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Hi guys, I loses my internet connection 8 out of 10 times when i pull the phone out from the dock. I do not have any syncing problem at all. Any clues is much appreciated. It happens on 1.02 and 1.1.1.
BTW I am on a PC.

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
My bad for not making it clear. It is the phone, it is the computer that gets cut off. I have to restart the computer all over again. Thanks.

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
can't believe i made the same mistake twice. What i wanted to say is that it is not the iPhone but it is the computer that get disconnected.
Sorry again.

gts

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
can't believe i made the same mistake twice. What i wanted to say is that it is not the iPhone but it is the computer that get disconnected.
Sorry again.
Never heard of the of that, odd problem. Did you try it with the eject button on iTunes before you undoc or just pull it off the doc. Is it a hardline or wirelss internet.? Does it happen with an iPod? (if you have one)

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
I tried the eject button next to the Home icon and also closing the itune but it never works. it stills shuts off my internet connection. I'm on wireless internet btw. I'm not too sure whether that is causing this weird problem. As a matter of fact i virtually read all the post on the other forums too but did not find another human that have this problem. Even go to the extreme of asking the so called GENIUS at Apple store.. what i have is a stupid answer which happens to be anti-window pc. Quote ' that is why window pc sucks'.
I always believe the people in this forum actually knows more than most of the genius at the Apple store. Thanks btw guys.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Just out of curosity... I wonder if your computer is right on the edge of your signal levels and the iPhone is causing interference. Just out of curosity put your iPhone into airplane mode ( will shut off the transmitter ) and see if the computer will reconnect. If it does, the iPhone is causing interference with your wifi... worse case scenerario, go into your wifi card and change the channel its on.