Losing Alert Tones

1. phantomfixer New Member

I've had a problem since the day I received my iPhone 5.If I use Siri,I lose all my alert tones.My ringtone stays active, but I lose all the alerts.apple has already replaced my handset, and after restoring all the software and apps,it acts the same way.The tech I've been working with,at Apple,has been most helpful and patient but we can't resolve the issue.Just wondering if anyone here is having the same experience with Siri and alert tone loss

2. fury Evangelist Gold

I've never seen this happen, but I've seen stranger things happen, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Is your iPhone connecting to a Bluetooth headset to communicate with Siri, or are you just using the regular iPhone mic & speaker?

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. iErik Zealot Gold

Have you tried restoring as a new phone? I know it's a pain in the butt but it seems to me if it's happened over multiple phones it might be an issue with your back up.

5. phantomfixer New Member

Fury,using iPhone mic and speakers.
    Vegas,I did restore as new and restored apps via iCloud.

6. phantomfixer New Member

After working with a terriffic Apple technician,we've determined that the loss of alert tones occurs with the use of bluetooth in my vehicle.I have Microsoft UVO in my vehicle and it seems that for some reason it does not completely release my iPhone 5 after use.If I turn bluetooth off in settings, my alert tones work properly