Losing notes from notes

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by AkJedi, Jul 29, 2013.

1. AkJedi

AkJedi New Member

My wife is losing notes she put s in the iPhone notes app. She has 42 notes and can write new notes, but the. They are not saved. She is pushing done after she writes the note too. Anyway to find her missing notes.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

Does she have the notes synced to an email account? If so I would check there.

Sent using iCafe app

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

What may be occurring is that your wife is backing up her iPhone to her computer using iTunes or using the computer to charge her iPhone. For me I have had this situation as well. I put notes in my notes app, the one that comes standard on the iPhone, and then I back up or just plug in iPhone where then iTunes opens automatically, and then I lose my notes.

If this is the case for your wife, she can go into Info in her iTunes and uncheck the box that says "Sync Notes." What I believe is happening is I am syncing what is already in my iTunes which is no notes at all. This will mean that my notes from iPhone get erased.

Sent using iCafe app

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I've had the same thing happen with iCloud-synced notes. It's not a good place to keep important data because it's too easy to lose or mysteriously disappear. It also only a one-step process to permanently delete them with no way to get them back unless, for example, you have an iMac that's turned off at the time you accidentally hit the trash button or paste over the whole document. If you do, you can unplug your router, turn on the computer, copy and paste the note before turning the router back on. As soon as you turn it back on the one that you accidentally deleted will disappear there as well. Restoring from backup doesn't bring it back since it's pushed and synced through the cloud rather than saved in the backup. I was able to save one this way. The other was gone for good because my computer was on at the time. At the very least, email a copy of any important notes to yourself for safe keeping.

5. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

I like Evernote as I use it from multiple platforms wherein I am near guaranteed an offline backup on some device.

Sent from my Nexus 4