Losing songs on friends computer?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Thatguy

Jul 20, 2007
Hey all,

I am on vacation using a friends computer and I want to add one cd to my iPhone. Because I don't have the full library that I have on my computer, will all the songs I have on my phone right now be deleted when I sync? I am using windows, but any info will help

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Hey all,

I am on vacation using a friends computer and I want to add one cd to my iPhone. Because I don't have the full library that I have on my computer, will all the songs I have on my phone right now be deleted when I sync? I am using windows, but any info will help
Probably so if you try to sync it. It will probably ask you before it deletes the songs from your iPhone, at least it does with an ipod when you plug it into a second computer.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
you cant just put any iPhone into a random computer and get music from there dude
c'mon
think

SkyyBoy

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Hawaii
one of the MAJOR advantages of my Cowon iAudio x5 is that you can just drag-n-drop new music into the player. the computer (Win or Mac) just sees the x5 as a hard drive.
bummer that you will have to wait until you get home to listen to your purchased music on your iPhone...

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
You will definitely lose all your files if you sync your iPhone from a different computer. I did it so I know what I am talking about. That's a bummer that iTunes doesn't let you transfer music from different computers (like with the iPod).
However I understand why they do it this way, they don't want people to exchange music

Peregrine

Jun 29, 2007
one of the MAJOR advantages of my Cowon iAudio x5 is that you can just drag-n-drop new music into the player. the computer (Win or Mac) just sees the x5 as a hard drive.
bummer that you will have to wait until you get home to listen to your purchased music on your iPhone...
Not to mention 98% of all DAP's (Digital Audio Players). Big reason why I've never owned on iPod and one of the reasons I won't get iPhone V1.