Losing texts if you Update to iOS5

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 14, 2011
Hi guys, how can I protect my text streams before I update? I don't want to lose all my important conversations! HELP!

jcmitchell5

Contributor
Silver
Feb 19, 2010
Arkansas
I lost mine but I pulled the cord before it was completely done backing up. It looked like it was complete but when I hooked it up again it said there was a disturbance during the last backup. Do you wish to try again? And I hit no thinking it was just another error they had been throwing me all day.

My wife's phone on the other hand updated and backed up fine. Thank goodness, she probably would have. cut me! Haha

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I almost pulled the cord to early. It was allowing me to use my phone (a feature I do like on ios5) but iTunes said restoring apps. So I waited and waited and waited. Glad I did.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I almost pulled the cord to early. It was allowing me to use my phone (a feature I do like on ios5) but iTunes said restoring apps. So I waited and waited and waited. Glad I did.
I disconnected when it said updating apps and I had to reconnect and hit continue. Luckily it finished loading without any issues.

Dimples42

Mar 4, 2011
I did my update and lost every-thing. Hubby did his and he didn't. Is there a way to get it back? Couldn't restore last backup was aug. I didn't think updated would make me lose every-thing since hubby didn't. Pretty upset about this.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Lucky. I am borderline OCD with a lot of things. Apps not being in the position I originally put them in when I got them would drive me crazy.
The Android restore, unless you rooted, never put anything back. That always drove me crazy.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I did my update and lost every-thing. Hubby did his and he didn't. Is there a way to get it back? Couldn't restore last backup was aug. I didn't think updated would make me lose every-thing since hubby didn't. Pretty upset about this.
It shouldn't erase your stuff under normal circumstances. Without a recent backup, you're out of luck, unfortunately.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I was hoping for just the opposite when I upgraded to the 4s. How disappointed I was. I finally bit the bullet and deleted about 300 old texts.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app