lost camera icon help!

safety1st

Nov 12, 2008
I had to reboot my 3g and in the process I lost the icon for the camera. Does anyone know where it is hiding and how do I find it.
Thanks

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
If you have / had catagories installed this could be the problem... care to elaborate and maybe we can help?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
This happened to me after I left things in Catagories. You must restore if this is the case and everything will be back to stock.

Caliphone

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
Bakersfield
Check: General-Settings-Restrictions. If you have camera use restricted the icon will disappear.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I thought the core icons could not be deleted. When you hold an icon down they all wiggle (ie available for moving or deleting) except for the core ones (calendar, sms, camera, etc).

Nov 26, 2007
ok, help....I see someone else has had this issue, but I don't see here if they ever figured it out. My husband got a hold of my iPhone when I was in the other room, and somehow he managed to delete my camera icon too. What in the heck did he do? How do I fix it?

Caliphone

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
Bakersfield
Check: Settings, General, Restrictions. You can restrict the use of certain apps and when you do, the icon disappears.

Some1Else

Jan 3, 2009
try to install bossprefs from cydia or installer and go to hide icons menu. if it's not there, try ssh connecting your iPhone and check camera.app folder for icon. otherwise restore

WPeterson

Bronze
Dec 15, 2008
right. strange. i got some icons disappeared sometimes, and had to restore iPhone. any other ideas to solve this?

leann

Apr 19, 2009
You are so right! Thank you. I'm glad I did this first before I tried something complicated and really messed it up :)

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Before you restore! Try this!

Settings ->General -> Restrictions -> See if camera is off if it is, then you've solved your problem.

Hope this helps :)

lordjam

Jul 10, 2009
try resetting your home screen

go > settings > reset > reset home screen layout.

got my camera back, but it was annoying having to relayout all the other icons.

good luck

meri

Jul 6, 2010
Thank you lordjam, it worked out. I'm happy now

Jun 13, 2011
I know it is nearly two years later, but this is obviously a common problem (losing the camera icon). I have been to countless forums with the same suggestions (unrestrict camera or restore iPhone). Lordjam, your solution was quick and simple and the only thing that worked! Thank you!

Sealove

Jul 31, 2011
help! i've lost my camera icon. my son created a passcode for RESTRICTIONS in general settings so i am unable to change them which is where i would like to check if i can find my camera icon. i synced my phone, restored the entire phone and created a new passcode to enter the phone. none of this brought back the icon. even after creating a new pass-code for the phone in general i cannot override what ever passcode he created.... not sure what to do since i already restored the phone....help!

Gypsy Lana

Jun 13, 2011
settings, general, reset ... then select "reset home screen layout." The camera icon will return.