Lost My 8g iPhone! What to do?

gadgetguy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
It happened 2 days ago. I know where I lost it but so far it hasn`t been turned in & the phone has not been used. I suspended the AT&T account today & ordered a $40 replacement phone. I have 30 days to return it & hope the new iPhone will be out by then. I guess if the new iPhone is not available in 30 days, I can turn it in for another $40 phone until the new iPhone is out. I hated to lose my 8g phone, I bought it on Iday last June. Im a little worried about the info on my iPhone as it isn`t locked. AT&T says they don`t have a way to tell if someone tries to set up my iPhone in their name! It seems to me that they could set up a "hot list" & know if anyone tried to set up the iPhone. It would be so easy, you need the iPhone I.D. to activate it anyway. You would think they would "care enough" to take care of their customers! Any thoughts on what to do in my situation would be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Dang sorry to hear about the luck. I'm a bit surprised that AT&T isn't better able to determine if someone's trying to activate your phone. Hopefully the new iPhone is released soon enough so you don't have to keep paying the $40.

eltocliousus

Bronze
May 7, 2008
Long shot but, If you kind of know where you lost it, go back there and call it from another phone. Cross your fingers and you might JUST hear it ring.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I am sorry you lost your phone. I had mine buried in my purse a couple times and thought it was lost. That was scary enough for me!