Lost my calculator icon

1. cesco

cesco New Member

hello everybody, im asking for someone to help me if possible, my girlfriend, and I don't even know how she did it, deleted the calculator icon on my iPhone...
    I also can't find it in mobilefinder so I guess she deleted the application..
    Now i have that stupid calculator that I downloaded from installer and it sucks so I would appreciate the help if someone can tell me how or where to find that original app and put it back on my iPhone...

I have a 1.0.2 version if it matters...

Thanks in advance!

2. Hawk

Hawk Genius Gold

you might want to restore. Otherwise, find it on your phone and save it to something that you can transfer to her phone and paste it back in.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. cesco

cesco New Member

Tried restoring, still nothing, it only deleted all my pics and everything else, the icon is still missing...Is tehre no other way?

5. Hawk

Hawk Genius Gold

You might need to get the iPhone browser program (need to search on here for the download location) and it should help you locate the png file for the icon and show you where it's supposed to go.
    I just looked on my phone. The icon should be located in [root]/Applications/Calculator.app . It will simply be listed as icon.png. You might end up hunting for a while for it, but the good news is that anything that is called icon.png, you can click on once and it will preview it below, so you can see what the pic is. If the file extension has changed, then iPhonebrowser has the option to convert it back to a png file.
    However, if the Calculator.app folder is missing, (which would be pretty bad if you just tried restoring) then you might want to try running the virginizer program, which is supposed to restore a phone back to "just out of the box" status.

6. clausenfan

clausenfan New Member Bronze

See if you can find a installer u downloaded to rearrange icons, i have one wer u can hide icons. Check to see if you have one

7. cesco

cesco New Member

you mean customize app?

8. cesco

cesco New Member

just checked in iPhone browser, the icon is not in applications...so what now I have to restore my iPhone and lose everything? no other way? cant someone put this app online?

9. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot Gold

Link removed.

10. Hawk

Hawk Genius Gold

You the man, Griffinaz:cool:

11. cesco

cesco New Member

one problem guys, I did put this app in my iPhonebrowser and it showed on my iPhone but i think this is the 1.1.2. version which doesn't work on my iPhone since mine is 1.0.2. When i click on it it just goes to black screen and thats it...
    But Thanks anyway..

hmm, maybe is someone has the old calculator app if he can put it online here..

12. termleech

termleech Zealot Gold

All you need to do is pull the icon.png from the zip file and upload it to the .app direction of th calculator on your phone.

As for not starting, my guess is the permissions aren't set correctly. Make sure the executable in the Calculator.app director is 755 (rwxr-xr-x)

13. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot Gold

It is a permissions problem. You have to change the permissions on any xxxxx.app directory that you manually copy onto your phone. If you have Terminal on your phone you can navigate to the Calculator.app directory and once inside the directory type "chmod +x *" (without the quotes) and it will set the permissions to be able to be executed by anyone.

14. cesco

cesco New Member

how can I change the permissions?
    where do I write this 755?

Thanks in advance

15. cesco

cesco New Member

I don't have this terminal, I think I can download it from installer, but its difficult to navigate through that program if you don't know what you are doing like me hehe. it sucks..

16. termleech

termleech Zealot Gold

You can either log in via SSH or open up terminal. Do the following:

> cd /Applications/Calculator.app/
    > chmod 755 Calculator

That should fix your problem.

17. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot Gold

The program "Squid" (available through installer, not sure which source though) is supposed to be able to set permissions through check boxes as well. You just select the Calculator file and check the boxes for who can view, execute, etc. the file. Might look into that as it will not require you to move around in Terminal.

18. termleech

termleech Zealot Gold

yes you can do it in Mobile Finder as well. But real men do it from the terminal :)

19. cesco

cesco New Member

I really don't believe this, it's really starting to annoy me...I tried the squid and mobile fonder thing to change permissions,I changed on every file so i can execute write and that third thing and now when I click calculator it goes in and then out in 2 sec. before it just went in but I couldn't press any buttons.

I really think that the issue is that I have a 1.0.2. version and this calculator is probably 1.1.2. version. Am I right or is that not a problem?

I also tried the terminal and I wrote cd /Applications/Calculator.app/
    and it said file not found, but when i use iPhone browser the file is in cd /Applications/Calculator.app/

so now what? I am really starting to lose all hope...no actually I am just pissed off but ok...

Can someone maybe put a 1.0.2. version of the calculator...or at least tell me where I can find one, there's gotta be somewhere

20. Hawk

Hawk Genius Gold

Here's a crazy question for you. Why not go ahead and update to 1.1.1 or even 1.1.2 and jailbreak and add your apps back? with the update, you get a few more features here and there, most likely fix the calculator issue, and as long as you install OkToPrep before going to 1.1.2, you can still install your 3rd party apps.
    Or... (not sure if you attempted this or not) you can also try the following:
    Sync the iPhone
    go into Settings, General, Erase all content & Settings.
    Back into settings, General, reset all settings
    Restore back to 1.0.2
    and at this point if it's still not working, go grab revirginizer and run that on the iPhone and then jailbreak and test.

21. meiphones_brill

meiphones_brill New Member Silver

Or being really lazy... just use Google in stead.

When you can do a query like:

"the speed of light in furlongs per fortnight divided by PI squared" who wants to use a normal calculator ever again?