Lost passcode

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by iChic, Aug 30, 2013.

1. iChic

iChic New Member

Okay, so I want to reset my iPhone, but I can't remember my reset password! The power button is broken, so a hard reset isn't an option.

Sent using iCafe app

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Your power button is completely broken? Then that means this link may not help much, but I will post it for others that may have this same issue but with a working power button. In your situation, I would have to suggest taking it into Best Buy, your carrier, or better yet Apple if you have one near you. Let us know what you decide to do, and if there is another way to fix your situation, hopefully someone will post that way here.

http://www.everythingicafe.com/how-to-restore-an-iphone-without-passcode/

I also saw this answer elsewhere when searching.

"While your phone is off, plug it in while you hold down your home button and you should see a connect to ituens logo."

http://www.askmefast.com/How_do_i_restore_a_disabled_iphone_with_a_broken_power_buton-qna1930485.html#q674979

Sent using iCafe app

#2 MoneyMaker79, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
  3. iChic

iChic New Member

Verizon was completely useless and the nearest Apple store is three hours away.

Sent using iPhone

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Yeah, the nearest Apple store for me is two hours away. What happens when you plug your iPhone into your computer to try and restore using iTunes with it turned off? Or are you unable to turn it off period?

Sent using iCafe app

5. iChic

iChic New Member

I am trying to do that now, but the first time was a fail.

Sent using iPhone

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I edited my post above, but are you able to turn your iPhone off at all? If so, iTunes should then let you restore.

Sent using iCafe app

7. iChic

iChic New Member

I should also report that after I reset the phone, it was no longer an issue to do it manually from the phone. Although, there is still some sort of lock on it prohibiting me to sell it, because of Verizon.
    The phone is technically my mother-in-law's, and she suspended the line, but still has an activate account with them. I don't understand why I can't sell the phone even though the account is still in good standing.

Sent using iPhone

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

What do you mean that there is a lock on it because of Verizon? Did your reset that you did consist of using iTunes, meaning it fully wiped the iPhone and put it back to factory state? If so, there should not be any sort of lock on it. If you only reset the settings, depending on which settings, then the passcode will still be on it when the iPhone is locked.

9. iChic

iChic New Member

When I took it to gamestop, they told me the phone had a lock on it. (Even after the reset from iTunes) I believe it was linked to the ESN, but Verizon eventually resolved it.

Sent using iPhone

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I see. I'm learning something everyday now!

Anyways, I'm glad you were able to get it figured out and resolved.

Sent using iCafe app