Lost PDF password

1. emhcee

emhcee Member Bronze

Anyone use an app to unlock a PDF that's protected? I have several that are site design proposals for clients from a year or more ago, and don't have any idea what the passwords were. I see several apps that supposedly unlock them, but I'm worried about malware.
  2. lemoon

lemoon Member Bronze

Googled and get this http://www.pdfunlock.com/
    Don't know how is it works. But if you want to convert the PDF to word or text, that also can remove password from PDF, then you could get a Enolsoft PDF to word tool.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Napoleon PhoneApart Moderator Senior Moderator

In the future, please report spammers instead of conversing with them. Thanks.
  5. emhcee

emhcee Member Bronze

Not sure I saw the spam, but I did take the advice in Lemoon & Patricia04's replies and things worked great. I got the file unlocked, and thanked them both by 'liking' the posts.
  6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Napoleon PhoneApart Moderator Senior Moderator

Why, yes, yes he has. :D
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. kellylorry

kellylorry New Member

Kernel for PDF restriction removal is a competent tool to unlock PDF file. It removes local restrictions of a secured PDF file and lets a user to perform multiple tasks with that file. This software is equipped with simple graphical training and thereforee, does not require specific skills to use it. With free version, one can remove local restrictions from PDF file of size up to 200 KB. You can use full version in order to remove security restrictions from PDF files of size 200 KB or more.