Lost photos in restore

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MacFreak

Jul 5, 2007
I hate iPhone! Since I have 1000 pictures and couldnt able to transfer to iphoto. Something got mess up and restored and i lost everything. :mad: I think i should get action against Apple!

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I hate iPhone! Since I have 1000 pictures and couldnt able to transfer to iphoto. Something got mess up and restored and i lost everything. :mad: I think i should get action against Apple!
Do you mean you forgot to sync and import to iPhoto? Then, you are to blame for losing the pics. If there was a problem to transfer to iPhoto, then the problem should have been worked out before you restored. Restoration ALWAYS empties the camera roll and gets rid of the other pic albums.

MacFreak

Jul 5, 2007
Do you mean you forgot to sync and import to iPhoto? Then, you are to blame for losing the pics. If there was a problem to transfer to iPhoto, then the problem should have been worked out before you restored. Restoration ALWAYS empties the camera roll and gets rid of the other pic albums.

What choice I have? Because iphoto request to connect to itune and forced me to restore it.. Damn it.. iPhone got crash for some reason. Also, I couldnt not able to transfer all 1000 pixes to iphoto since its not able to regonized iPhone. Grrr. I called tech supported and told me to fix disk permission and it worked! Its too late already since all 1k photo are GONE forever! Damn Apple!

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
What choice I have? Because iphoto request to connect to itune and forced me to restore it.. Damn it.. iPhone got crash for some reason. Also, I couldnt not able to transfer all 1000 pixes to iphoto since its not able to regonized iPhone. Grrr. I called tech supported and told me to fix disk permission and it worked! Its too late already since all 1k photo are GONE forever! Damn Apple!
you didn't have to hit the restore button. You could have connected the iPhone to another computer and retrieved them from there. Also, you didn't collect 1,000 pics in 1 day. If you had sync'd regularly, you wouldn't have lost everything. I'm sorry for your photos, but I don't think Apple is to blame. A computer is a computer. Nothing works perfectly all the time.

MacFreak

Jul 5, 2007
you didn't have to hit the restore button. You could have connected the iPhone to another computer and retrieved them from there. Also, you didn't collect 1,000 pics in 1 day. If you had sync'd regularly, you wouldn't have lost everything. I'm sorry for your photos, but I don't think Apple is to blame. A computer is a computer. Nothing works perfectly all the time.

I didn't take 1k pixes in one day.. Just added up from day one I got iPhone. Anyway, I learned after i fixed permission and will work with iphoto. I didn't realized that. Next time i will sync regularly.. Argh.. Thanks