lost some things

frizz

Bronze
Mar 25, 2008
Philly
just jailbroke my phone, tried to install some things, said failed to d/l package, also installed snapture, now gone any ideas HELP

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Luckily, the fix is easy.
Go into installer and try to install something again. When the option to install now, add to queue or Clear queue comes up, CLEAR the QUEUE. If you don't whatever has failed previously will still be in there and will be the first thing that installer tries. It will fail all other installs until the queue is cleared.
Now under install, go to sources and find Community Sources and install that. reboot the phone.
The next time you go into installer, it will probably tell you that there is a newer version and it will probably install automatically, but if it doesn't, then select install and reboot again.
After that, you shouldn't have any more problems with the installs.
I do recommend that you install the BSD Subsystem first, followed by Open SSH. These 2 items will help you later on if you need to change permissions or delete a hard to remove item.

frizz

Bronze
Mar 25, 2008
Philly
[having an issue with placing themes on phone, tried to directly do it and all i got was a pge of code, tried to load customizer and got main pkg failure any ideas as to a fix

quote=Hawk;260432]Luckily, the fix is easy.
Go into installer and try to install something again. When the option to install now, add to queue or Clear queue comes up, CLEAR the QUEUE. If you don't whatever has failed previously will still be in there and will be the first thing that installer tries. It will fail all other installs until the queue is cleared.
Now under install, go to sources and find Community Sources and install that. reboot the phone.
The next time you go into installer, it will probably tell you that there is a newer version and it will probably install automatically, but if it doesn't, then select install and reboot again.
After that, you shouldn't have any more problems with the installs.
I do recommend that you install the BSD Subsystem first, followed by Open SSH. These 2 items will help you later on if you need to change permissions or delete a hard to remove item.[/quote]

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
after seeral people reported problems with Customize, I steered clear of it and stuck with Summerboard.