Lost unlock sound

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

03whitegt

Jul 5, 2007
Ok, i changed the system/library/audio/uisounds/unlock.caf file and it worked, but decided it was a little too much. So I found another sound, used iPhonebrowser to replace the unlock.caf file, but now the phone dosent make any sounds when you slide the slider to unlock. The file is in the directory and if you click on it while in the iPhone browser it plays the sound.

Any help please?

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
trying to avoid restore. i don't want to lose all the changes I made today.
Have you tried turning the phone off and then on again? Or you've not accidentally flipped the silent switch?

And isn't unlock.caf in CoreServices/SpringBoard.app ?

that's just from memory, I don't have a phone I can look in to check.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Ok, i changed the system/library/audio/uisounds/unlock.caf file and it worked, but decided it was a little too much. So I found another sound, used iPhonebrowser to replace the unlock.caf file, but now the phone dosent make any sounds when you slide the slider to unlock. The file is in the directory and if you click on it while in the iPhone browser it plays the sound.

Any help please?
Sounds like you may have uploaded a .caf file that wasn't originally converted correctly. (i.e. someone may have renamed a .mp3 file to a .caf, which does not work). I've come across several .caf files that play fine on the computer, but won't play on the iPhone directly. Try uploading the original unlock .caf file (I've attached it below) to see if you can at least get your unlock sound back.

Remember to restart your iPhone after uploading.

Attachments

03whitegt

Jul 5, 2007
Sounds like you may have uploaded a .caf file that wasn't originally converted correctly. (i.e. someone may have renamed a .mp3 file to a .caf, which does not work). I've come across several .caf files that play fine on the computer, but won't play on the iPhone directly. Try uploading the original unlock .caf file (I've attached it below) to see if you can at least get your unlock sound back.

This might be why as I changed a mp3 to .caf without first converting first in iTunes. Will try again this weekend.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
can someone give me a link to an online converter that can convert wav to caf?
Yeah, I noticed you can't rename .mp3 to .caf, but you CAN rename .wav to .caf.
Did you miss the post directly above yours? And just to clarify, I tried this myself. I changed the file extension from .wav to .caf and was able to play the file in Quicktime just fine. No converter needed past the point of renaming the file extension.

plm

Oct 24, 2009

do you have the original lock . caf sound ? deleted mine opps!