Lost "Whoosh" Sound

qtlaw13

Jul 21, 2008
Lost the "whoosh" sound when opening up the phone and when changing applications.

Any idea how to get the sound back?

I've reset the settings but no luck. Checked the sound settings but no luck there either.

Thanks.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
You don't happen to have the silent button on the side switched do you?
Tg

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
You don't happen to have the silent button on the side switched do you?
Tg

I'm almost to embarrassed to say anything but that happened to me just last night. I was texting a friend and when I realized I wasn't getting any sound out of my iPhone. The first thing I thought was "great, I have a piece of junk for a phone" so I reset it hoping that would take care of the problem. After it booted back up and I still wasn't getting any sound I checked the mute switch on the side of the phone and sure as heck, somehow it was turned on.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
Lost the "whoosh" sound when opening up the phone and when changing applications.

Any idea how to get the sound back?

I've reset the settings but no luck. Checked the sound settings but no luck there either.

Thanks.
changing apps and opening the phone?

mine makes a clicking type noise when unlocking and no sound for switching apps........im confused......the only "whoosh" i get is when i send texts or emails....

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008

mine makes a clicking type noise when unlocking and no sound for switching apps........im confused......the only "whoosh" i get is when i send texts or emails....
yes me too :sick:

but i guess u fixed it via the mute button

qtlaw13

Jul 21, 2008

I'm sorry, not changing apps but sending texts and emails and the clicking is what I meant.

Aug 9, 2008
Frisco, TX
Damn, that's what it was. Thanks!
LOL, I did that a while back. I was so upset that I thought I had a bad phone as well. I looked up the problem online and found it was the mute switch. I was like oh, man I'm freakin retarded!